Victory 1737 - 1:84 scale

The work on the stern and the quarter galleries continues, port finishes or almost.
I took the opportunity to finalize the ornamentation, put the catheads and drill the holes for the lanterns (not glued). These 3 lanterns seem very big for this boat. These are the lanterns of the Artesania Latina kit, but I'm going to check their scale before putting them on forever ...
All this corresponds almost to what I had in mind from the start, it is already a satisfaction!

Last edited:
A 1st throw of gunport lids up ... closed or not to starboard ... (except some for the scenery)

With the back door open on this side (the ladder will come later).

It going...
An attempt at provisional placement of the ladder:

And here for port, all gunport lids open and canons out!

The hull is finished!

There will remain some odds as the rear catheads of each edge, but after the shrouds.
And now, the pedestal to decorate, the rowboats and the rigging ...

Really Really great work ! - I will go once more through this time lapse building log.
You have a very good eye and feeling for the details!
Many Thanks for the work to add all these photos to your log, so we are updated !
Happy to have you on board :cool:

Tnx for all the pictures and the comments. Good for learning and level up my work.

Merci ! :)

This subject is not quite up to date yet ...
Before I started rigging, I finished the base.
It is massive, I leave it a bit raw with just a dye identical to the hull on all 4 sides.
The 2 supports are in matt brass and blackened with a brass rod which enters 5 cm in the base and the hull, the central rod, passed to the browner, will be without support to lighten visually.
On the top, a matte black, a fine mahogany frame (3x0.5mm) and 4 corners figures reminiscent of the model's decor, just to remind the 18th. :)

Everything is very heavy, very stable for the weight of the model.

Last edited:
For ship's boats, I did not want to use the elements of Artesania Latina. The quality is mediocre and they are simple boats in zamac ...
By cons, Master Korabel kits are really good.
So, I looked at the website of Master Korabel (thanks Google translation), and I found a great seller in Moscow. I ordered without problem by Paypal and 10 days later, all the kits were at home. I took the opportunity to order 2 or 3 other things, but it will make other threads on the forum when I do them ...

I need 2 Launch (one on the deck and another with his masts along the hull).
2 barges for port and starboard aft and 1 on the deck
1 cutter for the cathts of the stern.

I did not find all these scales for the Victory, but I think it will be nice anyway ...

This is one of the launches in the colors of my Victory.

An extremely fine kit to assemble. Must be patient, rigorous, but at least it looks like a 20-seater canoe of the time ...
At my scale (1/84), the details are not bad. :)

Last edited:
And the others...
They have all the colors of Victory, but distributed differently to identify them at sea.

p7150015.jpg

p7150014.jpg

The whole series:

In addition, I ordered two small things printed in 3D in the Netherlands at the scale 1/84 to compare with what I had:
The Victory lanterns and the compass table.
Well it turns out that the lanterns of the kit are 2 times too big compared to the reality (which I suspected, the manufacturers optimize the parts between the kits ...), and the 3d printing also restores the perspective volume of the lantern.
So I will keep for another model the 4 lanterns AL and put those home Shapeways.

The compass table that I made is also oversized ... I'll see to use it maybe on another boat with a corresponding scale.

And now, this thread is up to date!
As soon as it gets a little colder in my workshop (in the attic), I will begin the rigging of this Victory!
Still very long hours of work to go after this adventure! I am now very far from the Victory kit from AL ...

The Master Korabel boats are great little kits and look so much better then the metal looking ones you get. I thought the Lanterns looked a bit big, the 3D ones are a vast improvement. Tres bien mon ami,

Cheers Andy

Hi Ekris,

Realy great work which shows clearly what you can do with a standard kit and a lot of imagination and handcrafting. This is way beyond kit building.

Back