VOC ship The Prins Willem (scale 1:75) Year 1651

I gonna test the washing of the hands on the next warrior heads.
but first I gonna show you the last three in place, Sorry for the worst photo's

IMG_2966.JPGIMG_2967.JPGIMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPG

Now is the port side is in turn.

IMG_2970.JPG

After removing them (I use water too weaken the glue) I noticed that 4 of the five are made of Polymer clay. Bad luck they need to be replaced by boxwood pieces.

IMG_2971.JPGIMG_2972.JPG

But first I gonna work on the one that is made of wood. On these pictures you can see how difficult it is to see a head and helmet in this strange made head.

IMG_2973.JPGIMG_2974.JPG

First I get rid of the glue and paint on it, killer for the tiny milling cutters and the roughly shape a head.

Thanks for watching

The next one is done. The details are getting better and better, but also I am reaching the boundaries of what I can view and craft. It is too small to continue adding more detail. (the left nose wing could just need some extra attention)

IMG_2975.JPGIMG_2976.JPGIMG_2977.JPGIMG_2978.JPGIMG_2979.JPGIMG_2980.JPGIMG_2981.JPGIMG_2982.JPGIMG_2983.JPGIMG_2985.JPG

Maybe I'll don't paint the face of this one, just the gold for the helmet and body

For who are interresting in how the anatomy of heads is build up. I use Andrew Loomis, a book that is free to download.where you can find all different types of heads. With these drawings in mind I create a face on my warrior.
View attachment 339440

Download link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6g9nK8577AhUV7KQKHerBABsQFnoECE0QAQ&url=https://archive.org/download/andrew-loomis-drawing-the-head-hands/andrew-loomis-drawing-the-head-hands.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3loceM-t66xRlsVdGJhey0
A very good source - many thanks for sharing with us

The next one is done. The details are getting better and better, but also I am reaching the boundaries of what I can view and craft. It is too small to continue adding more detail. (the left nose wing could just need some extra attention)

View attachment 339414View attachment 339415View attachment 339416View attachment 339417View attachment 339418View attachment 339419View attachment 339420View attachment 339421View attachment 339422View attachment 339423

Maybe I'll don't paint the face of this one, just the gold for the helmet and body
That is a really nice one, Stephan. What a details on the helmet and the fase!
Regards, Peter

Thanks again for the kind words and the likes.
This time no pictures of the result, but a video to show you how the proces is going and how many time it takes to do a small part.

Very good work. Fun too look at. What tools are you use in the video?

Back