Yacht Harlingen, launched 1771 - scratch built by Ivan Trtanj

Die Yacht wird gebaut im Admiralitäts-Art. Das Schiff wurde im Barock-Stil gebaut und das Dekor passt auch zu der Zeit.
Dafür habe ich ein bestimmtes System entwickelt, das mir der Arbeit Spaß macht. Die Bilder zeigen den momentanen Stand.
Das verwendete Holz ist Elsbeere oder Eberesche. Das spätere Schnitzwerk wird später dann aus Buchsbaum erstellt.

The Yacht will be built in Admirality style. The ship was built at the end of the Baroque-era - visible very much with the decoration of the ship.
I developed a specialiced system for the construction of the hull, bringing a lot of fun for me. The attached photos showing the actual status of the work.
The timber I am using is the so called Elsbeere (Sorbus torminalis) and Eberesche (Sorbus aucuparia). The carvings and decorations will be made out of boxwood.

1P1000960klein.JPG2P1000961klein.JPG

3P1000962klein.JPG

4P1000956klein.JPG 7P1000959klein.JPG

8P1000980klein.JPG

9P1000981klein.JPG

10P1000982klein.JPG

111P1000983klein.JPG

To be continued....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very very happy, that I could convince my friend Ivan Trtanj to start and make here in SOS a complete building log of his newly started model.
He just finished his last masterpiece, the Gondola Funerale, and now he is working on this model.
For everybody who do not know his work until now, please take a look of the photos I made some months ago in his small museum, in exhibition are the complete ship models he built until now.
What is special in his work: He is a master in carving - amazing

A fast example:

IMG_00701.JPG

The link to my photo report:
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...my-visit-in-his-museum-and-his-workshop.2601/

SOS is very happy, that we have herewith the chance to see one of his work growing until the model is finished with all the decorations - Many Thanks Ivan

Hallo Ivan, ich freue mich, dass Du unserem Forum beitrittst. Sie haben viel schöne Arbeit und Schnitzereien. Ich werde deinem Baubericht verfolgen, während du baust.

G'day Ivan from the Land Downunder.
Thank you so much for showing your build log. I'm very impressed at your extremely high standard.
If I can 1/4 as good, I'll be very, very happy.
Happymodeling

G'day Ivan aus dem Land Downunder.
Vielen Dank, dass Sie Ihr Build-Protokoll gezeigt haben. Ich bin sehr beeindruckt von Ihrem extrem hohen Standard.
Wenn ich 1/4 so gut kann, werde ich sehr, sehr glücklich sein.
Glückliches Modellieren

Hello Ivan
Es freut mich, Dich an der Forum mit Deinem neuen Schiff sehen zu können!
I am glad to see you with the new build on the forum!
Janos
translation by Google:
Hello, Ivan, I am pleased to see you at the forum with your new ship! I am glad to see you with the new build on the forum!

Due to the fact, that Ivan is in moment very busy, he asked me to post in his name the actual status of the hull construction.
I am very happy to help and post some photos of his work.

Ivan wrote:
Soweit ist bis jetzt das Spantenmodell, Steuerbordseite bis zum Heckspiegel. Jetzt wird die Backbordseite auch bis zum Heckspiegel gemacht, danach wird der Heckspiegel komplett fertig gemacht.
Das Bug wird wahrscheinlich länger dauern, da ich die Arbeit aussetzem muss, wegen anderen arbeiten.

This is the actual status of the model with bulkheads and frames. On Staboard side the frames are finished up to the stern, afterwards the complete stern construction will be finished.
The construction of the bow will take some more time, due to the fact, that Ivan has to discontinue for some time, because of some other works

to be continued ..... stay tuned.....

Zwischendurch eine kleine Auftragsarbeit für einen Kollegen aus der Schweiz. Zwei Matrosen im Maßstab 1:45. Ein Obermaat und ein Leutnant.
Weil es in diesem Maßstab nichts zu finden ist. Die Figuren sind 35 mm groß.

english:
In between I made a small order for a modelling collegue in Switzerland. Two seamen in scale of 1:45.
One Petty officer second class and one lieutenant .
It was necessary, due to the fact, that in this scale nothing is available on the market.
The figurines have a height of appr. 35mm

P1010005.jpgP1010009.jpgP1010010.jpgP1010011.JPG

Amazing carving details, Ivan. Many thanks for sharing with us! What is the size of those figures?
German translation by Google: Erstaunliche Schnitzdetails, Ivan. Vielen Dank für das Teilen mit uns! Wie groß sind diese Figuren?

Die Marine-Inspektoren bei ihrer Arbeit, das Holz wird begutachtet und die handwerkliche Ausführung der Werftarbeiter.
Und ich nehme an, dass die beiden zufrieden sind.
The shipyard-supervisor are making their work, checking the quality of the timber and execution done by the carpenters.
I guess that they are satisfied .....

P1010012.JPGP1010014.JPGP1010015.JPGP1010018.JPGP1010019.JPGP1010022.JPG

Hallo Ivan,
many thanks for the update - good to see, that you had time to work on the ship-hull!
And we can see at the faces of your supervisors - they are satisfied with your work.

Vielen Dank für dein update - schön zu sehen, dass du Zeit gefunden hast, weiter an dem Schiffsrumpf zu arbeiten.
Und an den Gesichtern deiner Inspektoren können wir ablesen, dass sie mit deiner Arbeit zufrieden sind.

Hallo Ivan,
This is a beautiful basis for your further work - the hull is looking great.
A very interesting way - very well done -> so nothing to complain by the inspector and supervisor :cool:

Hallo Ivan,
Dies ist eine wunderschöne Basis für deine zukünftige Arbeit - der Rumpf sieht großartig aus.
Eine sehr interessante Technik - sehr gute Ausführung -> Da hatten die Inspektoren wirklich nichts zu bemängeln :cool:

Back