YUANQING BLUENOSE - Heinrich

@MM2CVS9 EJ, Thank you so much for all your efforts. I will make a serious dent in the translations during the Chinese Spring Festival, but at the moment I simply do not have the time to change formats on these. This is a great help. Thumbsup

@PT-2 Rich, hopefully you will be able to access these?
Hope they will be of some use. I find it easier to follow this way.

Hope I didn't get them messed up as I had a few glitches in the copy and paste work. The text copies and pastes and the pics copy and paste, but only seperately. Can't just copy a whole post and paste it. Gotta do a text X pic X text X pic X Text X Text X pic etc.
I just let it get too far ahead of me.

You're welcome.

This is what I posted to PT-2.

So far I've copied and pasted data and pictures from Heinrich's build log, pages 1 thru 16. It's not the whole log, just instructions and what translations that have been posted.
I copied and pasted it into a MS WORD DOC, and will keep adding to it as more stuff gets posted.
I did post it all on Heinrich's build page. The WORD DOC so far is 116 pages, although it could be made a bit smaller by reformatting the text to a smaller font size and resizing some of the pictures if you wanted to do that. I won't be.
When posting to the build log, the whole document is way to big for the site to download it, so I broke it up into 6 posts, 20 WORD pages in each post, consecutively. At this point it's 87000 plus kb in size. I won't be able to send it anywhere as an attachment at that size, so I'll just continue to post segments in chunks of 20 pages or so.
When you open the attachment on the build log, you should be able to save the document to your computer. After downloading the doc, you'll find it in your downloads folder, then can move it to wherever you want, such as a new folder titled "Bluenose build" or something, saved in your Documents.

EJ

Mainly for my own use, but maybe some of you might like this.
I've gone from page 1 thru page 16 of Heinrich's log and have copied and pasted text and pics of the build so far. Also any translation pages.
They are on MS WORD format. So far, 116 pages, but are in the order posted and easily printable in it's entirety or just a sheet or two at a time.

The file is large so I can only post so much at a time.

Part 1 Pgs 1 - 20

EJ
@MM2CVS9 / EJ,
At the end of your 1e document, you copied the first (outside) bevel issue of the parts 20.
Later it is corrected to the bevels INSIDE.
Perhaps its better to put direct the reply 269 from Heinrich into the document. And replace the added part 1 in reply 314. In part 2 it is also shown. Perhaps put there a attention.
Or in both doc’s the attention instead of replacements.
In your part 5, the correction is show.
Then we can prevent new builders who are using your document for there build.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
@Canoe21 Lawrence the Group Members have been absolutely wonderful in their help. I am so scared to leave out names, but @DonRobinson Don, @Dean62 Dean, @Peter Voogt Peter, have all chipped in while a lions' share of the work has been done by @MM2CVS9 EJ and @Henk Liebre Henk of late.

At the moment I'm going through a bit of a challenging time so it is heartwarming to see how everyone pulls together in what I believe is one of the most active group Builds SOS has ever seen!

A big thank you to you all!

And that is only as far as the translations go. Then of course @PT-2 Rich has supplied everyone with a wealth of information on the historical and technical aspects of Bluenose I and II.

And then there are the build logs. This has been an eye-opener to see how quickly and efficiently everyone is progressing and I have no doubt that there will be a number of Bluenoses from this Group that will be 100% par on with the Chinese test builds and then some!

And that is only as far as the translations go. Then of course @PT-2 Rich has supplied everyone with a wealth of information on the historical and technical aspects of Bluenose I and II.

And then there are the build logs. This has been an eye-opener to see how quickly and efficiently everyone is progressing and I have no doubt that there will be a number of Bluenoses from this Group that will be 100% par on with the Chinese test builds and then some!
Thanks for the lookback reference as I frequently go back to re-examine what I put up and see new things each time overlooked before. It is also interesting to compare some details between BN and BNII along with the retrofit of BNII which made some revisions at that time. Our schooners will be what is in the eye and mind of each one of our group crew along with other BN constructions on their own

I am having to do a lot of experimentation with numerous failures, with some details to maintain as much scale as feasible at the 1:64 scale and details provided in the MS2130 kit plans which I don't think could be accomplished even with advanced machining equipment and skills. As the contractors used to correctly observe, "the architect or anyone can draw it but that detail cannot be built. Why don't they come out and show us how that could be done????" This is particularly true with CAD detailing which has too much accuracy demand for what tools in the field and workmens' hands can execute. Just some thoughts. Rich

Back