YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

For Dean & Heinrich a closer look. (But also for the others!) IMHO much cleaner then the 1e dry-fit.
View attachment 330887
The left side rope of the left swifter will also come on top, as bij de right side. If the other side is also pulled tight and tied off.
Regards, Peter
Indeed, much cleaner than the first attempt - and more importantly, historically correct according to the interpretation you follow.

For Dean & Heinrich a closer look. (But also for the others!) IMHO much cleaner then the 1e dry-fit.
View attachment 330887
The left side rope of the left swifter will also come on top, as bij de right side. If the other side is also pulled tight and tied off.
Regards, Peter
I think it looks fantastic Peter! Beautiful work as always! ;)

Continued where I left off for the deadeyes: now just 'Swifters 2.0".

After I remade them, I waited a while before applying them.
First prepared the blocks that will be on the main mast. They are fitted with the bracket with eyes and/or hooks:
View attachment 330883
Left: from left to right:
-5 mm tripel block, for lifting at the fork of the gaff of the main sail;
-5 mm single blocks, for lifting the gaff and tilting at the top. The outer eyes are still open. I shut them after applying.
-3.5mm single blocks, for holding the mainsail boom up at +/- 3/4 of the aft. Ditto for the open eyes.
-3 mm single block, for pulling up the main top-sail. Comes at the rear at the top of the top mast;
-2.5 mm single block, for pulling up the staysail, between the main and front mast. Comes at the front at the top of the top mast.
Right: 3mm double block on a line with eye splices, for holding up the foresail boom.

Then applied the blocks and applied the swifter and wall ropes / shrouds:
View attachment 330884
The 2 flag lines are also applied in the top. These run all the way down to the sheer poles on the lower shrouds.

I still have to wait with the final placement until I have the new deadeyes. Because the shrouds are still covered around the top deadeyes. And then I need to know the size of the blocks and the distance between bottom and top.

I am happy with the result of my choice for the swifters. Now they stand / hang decent.
Regards, Peter
Good morning Peter. You never cease to impress. Really good call on doing those swifters accurately- (not that there was a call to make). Yourself (and “Harry” @dockattner ;)- sorry had to throw that in) set the example on getting the small detail work so neat and real. Pleasure to see your work Peter. Cheers Grant

Good morning Peter. You never cease to impress. Really good call on doing those swifters accurately- (not that there was a call to make). Yourself (and “Harry” @dockattner ;)- sorry had to throw that in) set the example on getting the small detail work so neat and real. Pleasure to see your work Peter. Cheers Grant
Thanks, Grant. You also a good morning! The advantage of making the build-log and posting the photos is that you can see it yourself again and others can say what they think. Be open to advice and/or (constructive) criticism. And then just make some new ropes and pay a little more attention to the temporary finishing.;)
Regard, Peter

Last edited:
Continued where I left off for the deadeyes: now just 'Swifters 2.0".

After I remade them, I waited a while before applying them.
First prepared the blocks that will be on the main mast. They are fitted with the bracket with eyes and/or hooks:
View attachment 330883
Left: from left to right:
-5 mm tripel block, for lifting at the fork of the gaff of the main sail;
-5 mm single blocks, for lifting the gaff and tilting at the top. The outer eyes are still open. I shut them after applying.
-3.5mm single blocks, for holding the mainsail boom up at +/- 3/4 of the aft. Ditto for the open eyes.
-3 mm single block, for pulling up the main top-sail. Comes at the rear at the top of the top mast;
-2.5 mm single block, for pulling up the staysail, between the main and front mast. Comes at the front at the top of the top mast.
Right: 3mm double block on a line with eye splices, for holding up the foresail boom.

Then applied the blocks and applied the swifter and wall ropes / shrouds:
View attachment 330884
The 2 flag lines are also applied in the top. These run all the way down to the sheer poles on the lower shrouds.

I still have to wait with the final placement until I have the new deadeyes. Because the shrouds are still covered around the top deadeyes. And then I need to know the size of the blocks and the distance between bottom and top.

I am happy with the result of my choice for the swifters. Now they stand / hang decent.
Regards, Peter
The whole topmast assembly plus the shrouds do look awesome. The corrected mast diameters and rope dimensions are, IMHO, handsomely paying off.

Saturday I had a reunion and driving home was not quite good. Sunday even less, covid-19 test NEG.
Today I was supposed to get my new booster in the afternoon but still didn't feel great. New test: POS! Sick
Probably contracted last Thursday at my photo club.
I locked myself in my hobby room and started working with the foremast. Not much had happened in the past week:
918 Voormast.jpg
Today's progress. Not the best photos. Made 'quickly' with the iPhone. Tomorrow again. When I feel good.
PS: New deadeyes are arrived at the customs. See how long they stay there this time. ;)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Dear Peter. This is not good news! I wish you the best and soonest recovery possible. Just remember that it does take time, so allow yourself ample time for that.

Back