YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

The 2 last hanks applied. Those are the 2 separate lines for when the Fishermans Staysail is hoisted. These are attached to the two bottom corners of that sail:
1174 Rope.jpg
These lines have longer loops, folded in the middle and then hung on the belaying pins with a pull-through loop.
At the mast foot also 1 of the 2 water pumps (re)placed on deck again.

And then my Bluenose was ready. Time to merge both parts into a so-called PULL-APART model. You named it just on time, Uwe @Uwek !
Just took some photos. It's a gloomy day here, so the parts that are in the shadows don't show up very well. Everything can be well lit in the studio conditions.

First the closed painted side from the front and back:
1175 Compleet.jpg
1178 Compleet.jpg

The open side as it will soon appear in the display case:
1177 Compleet.jpg
1176 Compleet.jpg

This is how you can see the construction on the inside:
1179 Compleet.jpg
The plan is that she will stand on a mirror in the display case. To look better inside. I'll have to see how that stands.

Like a waterline model:
1180 Compleet.jpg

The advantage of a gloomy day, no harsh light. So I took 2 more pictures outside:
1181 Compleet.jpg
1182 Compleet.jpg

After 28 months of construction, filling 161 pages in this build-log, containing about 1180 photos, this construction has come to an end.:)
I was able to enjoy myself with this kit from YuanQing @yqmodel
I want to thank everyone for watching, the input, the likes, the comments etc etc.
Mission accomplished.

I will go even further in this build-log with the studio photos and I will show the construction of the showcase in steps.
So Stay Tuned..........
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Congratulations on this magnificent model. You have turned it into something very special, not only the model but also a very nice report to read. You are taking modelling to another level with this. Thanks for sharing this work of art we can say.
Ps. The pictures come out better here

Peter, what a ship and what class she exudes. Magnificent result. Congratulations on this beautiful ship. You have gone very far with this construction, even put the saw in the ship and you have to have guts for that. The most beautiful BlueNose I've seen, you can be proud.

a pity that this log is coming to an end, but then there will also be a new project.

The 2 last hanks applied. Those are the 2 separate lines for when the Fishermans Staysail is hoisted. These are attached to the two bottom corners of that sail:
View attachment 367792
These lines have longer loops, folded in the middle and then hung on the belaying pins with a pull-through loop.
At the mast foot also 1 of the 2 water pumps (re)placed on deck again.

And then my Bluenose was ready. Time to merge both parts into a so-called PULL-APART model. You named it just on time, Uwe @Uwek !
Just took some photos. It's a gloomy day here, so the parts that are in the shadows don't show up very well. Everything can be well lit in the studio conditions.

First the closed painted side from the front and back:
View attachment 367793
View attachment 367796

The open side as it will soon appear in the display case:
View attachment 367795
View attachment 367794

This is how you can see the construction on the inside:
View attachment 367797
The plan is that she will stand on a mirror in the display case. To look better inside. I'll have to see how that stands.

Like a waterline model:
View attachment 367798

The advantage of a gloomy day, no harsh light. So I took 2 more pictures outside:
View attachment 367799
View attachment 367800

After 28 months of construction, filling 161 pages in this build-log, containing about 1180 photos, this construction has come to an end.:)
I was able to enjoy myself with this kit from YuanQing @yqmodel
I want to thank everyone for watching, the input, the likes, the comments etc etc.
Mission accomplished.

I will go even further in this build-log with the studio photos and I will show the construction of the showcase in steps.
So Stay Tuned..........
Regards, Peter
BRAVO!

This build is very special, it is proof that the kit (any kit, in fact) is just a base with prefabricated parts and materials. It is up to the modeler to make the model looks like yours, It is skills and dedication which are involved in this build. It is love to the hobby! Congratulation, mon ami, amazing model and very interesting build log!!!

Congratulations on finishing this superb model. Such fine detailing. Every time I visited your build log I was amazed by what you have been able to achieve on this fine scale. Really a masterpiece.

Magnificent Peter! My congratulations for a world-class build.
Congratulations on this magnificent model. You have turned it into something very special, not only the model but also a very nice report to read. You are taking modelling to another level with this. Thanks for sharing this work of art we can say.
Ps. The pictures come out better here
Congratulations on completing this extraordinary build.
A beautiful grand dame!
Peter, what a ship and what class she exudes. Magnificent result. Congratulations on this beautiful ship. You have gone very far with this construction, even put the saw in the ship and you have to have guts for that. The most beautiful BlueNose I've seen, you can be proud.

a pity that this log is coming to an end, but then there will also be a new project.
This build is very special, it is proof that the kit (any kit, in fact) is just a base with prefabricated parts and materials. It is up to the modeler to make the model looks like yours, It is skills and dedication which are involved in this build. It is love to the hobby! Congratulation, mon ami, amazing model and very interesting build log!!!
Congratulations on finishing this superb model. Such fine detailing. Every time I visited your build log I was amazed by what you have been able to achieve on this fine scale. Really a masterpiece.

Paul @dockattner, Stephan @Steef66, Johan @RDN1954, Peter @Ptèr, Alf @Alf in Iowa, Jim @Jimsky, Herman @Herman :
Normally I write to every post a personal reply. But in this case it would have been on every one the same:
Thanks very much for this compliments and very nice words. :rolleyes: For almost 2,5 years ago I could not imagine that the build and this build-log went this way. The latter mainly because I saw a lot of inspiration here at the SoS.:)
From a normal closed hull, to a 'split' one, from no sail to tissue sails, from small boxes to hinged panels. It's gotten a little out of hand. But I surprised myself too. And I am satisfied with the result.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Congratulations, exciting and educational build log, I'm looking forward to the last pictures, greetings Knut-

Congratulations, exciting and educational build log, I'm looking forward to the last pictures, greetings Knut-
Congratulations Peter! Stunning craftsmanship, all your years of experience has paid off sir. Thank you for sharing.
Congratulations Peter! This is truly a masterpiece! It is the premier Bluenose build, such a great accomplishment. ;)
Knut @Norway, Daniel @Daniel20, Dean @Dean62: You also thank you very much for the compliments and nice words!
The rest of my reply from this morning, just above, also applies to you.
Regards, Peter

Any ideas what your next build will be?
Hi Dean.
I had hinted it a bit before, but my interest goes to a Vlaardingse Haringlogger from around 1900:
B6A51D04-38D2-446A-BDFE-F665EEA32C19.jpeg
The ‘VL’ is for Vlaardingen, my birthplace and my grandfather worked in the herring industry.
Some time ago they restored such a lugger from 1912 and published a nice book about it:
813A1C8E-C239-4FA6-99DC-52CC498E581E.jpeg
That will then become PoF scratch from plans with small T-shaped frames:
3BF008D7-3693-4CC5-85D4-7C2BF3F77B93.jpeg
They are riveted iron ships. I'm thinking about using Evergreen. We have many different profiles and different thicknesses of sheets. It can be formed nicely with heat. It is therefore in scale 1:72, as a fishing tradition in relation to the BN. That will be quite a challenge. special the rivets.
I'm already in contact with the Balder foundation. They are affiliated with the Fisheries Museum and have many original drawings. I will be visiting them soon.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
That looks like a great project. Loads of interesting details to incorporate. I‘ve grabbed a front row seat and I’m waiting for the curtain to go up.
Thanks for the interest, Jan. I hope you have a lot of coffee, sandwiches and a sleeping bag, because it can take ‘a while‘ before I can show something …….. ;)
Regards, Peter

Hi Dean.
I had hinted it a bit before, but my interest goes to a Vlaardingse Haringlogger from around 1900:
View attachment 367946
The ‘VL’ is for Vlaardingen, my birthplace and my grandfather worked in the herring industry.
Some time ago they restored such a lugger from 1915 and published a nice book about it:
View attachment 367948
That will then become PoF scratch from plans with small T-shaped frames:
View attachment 367949
They are riveted iron ships. I'm thinking about using Evergreen. We have many different profiles and different thicknesses of sheets. It can be formed nicely with heat. It is therefore in scale 1:72, as a fishing tradition in relation to the BN. That will be quite a challenge. special the rivets.
I'm already in contact with the Balder foundation. They are affiliated with the Fisheries Museum and have many original drawings. I will be visiting them soon.
Regards, Peter
Rivets: There are folks who make and sell rivets on decal film for the armor/military, railroad, and aeronautical modeling hobbies. The products essentially are 3D-printed pips on clear decal film and they come in a myriad of rivet patterns appropriate to the intended prototype and scale. Hundreds of rivet patterns to choose from. There are companies that do this in Europe as well as the US altho the most prolific of the US companies, Archer, just closed down his business and retired about six months ago. If this kind of product might be foreign to you, here is an instruction booklet from Archer that explains it. <<http://archertransfers.com/ASSETS/ArcherRivetManual.pdf>>

Meanwhile, you may already have decided how you'll rivet up a hull. Based on your finished BN, we know you'll make it right.

Back