YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Peter,
That's an excellent display, and a nice touch with the coins, and also a fitting finish to a fantastic build! It's been fun watching your journey, this is the bittersweet end. I hope to see you building a new project soon.

Peter,
That's an excellent display, and a nice touch with the coins, and also a fitting finish to a fantastic build! It's been fun watching your journey, this is the bittersweet end. I hope to see you building a new project soon.
Thanks, Dean. For sure it was a journey with a lot of pleasure and a wonderful interaction with you and other SoS/members. Fore sure, you kept me sharp with eyes for details. Thanks for that!
I hope to have a appointment soon for looking at some plans and old drawings of the old herring luggers.
Regards, Peter

This is an amazing build and one of the fine examples of what can be done with a kit, once you are in the mood to bash\upscale\upgrade (you name it)!!! I have no doubt, that any kit, once in your hands, will become a unique (obvious), fine model. The ability to think a few steps ahead and deeply research the subject makes you one of the most skilled modelers among us. We are happy to have you aboard SOS and happy to see your work 'in action'! Congrats. mo ami!!

This is an amazing build and one of the fine examples of what can be done with a kit, once you are in the mood to bash\upscale\upgrade (you name it)!!! I have no doubt, that any kit, once in your hands, will become a unique (obvious), fine model. The ability to think a few steps ahead and deeply research the subject makes you one of the most skilled modelers among us. We are happy to have you aboard SOS and happy to see your work 'in action'! Congrats. mo ami!!
Thanks Jim for this very very nice and friendly words and compliments. You made me blush, my friend ....... :rolleyes:
Regards, Peter.

Good morning Peter. Incredible my friend !! One of the best models I have seen. Congratulations of completing this masterpiece and sharing so much with us all during your journey. Cheers Grant
Thanks, Grant, my ‘on the same meridian‘ friend. You also let me blush by this very very nice words. :rolleyes:
Regards, Peter
PS: Have you already met Heinrich @Heinrich?

I'll bother you one last time with some more pictures.
I placed the BN in the display case with the openwork side in sight. Also with a view of the layout of the fishhold. But at the same time that is a shame because you do not see the black-red closed side with the beautiful lines of the hull.

Therefore placed a piece of mirror against the rear glass. This was also an option for Daniel @Daniel20 for the later display of his BN. So Daniel here you can get an impression:
51 Morror-2.jpg
I also had a full mirror back as an option in mind. But then the image is distorted because everything in the surrounding is reflected in the mirror.

In the photo I can only show fixed images:
52 Morror-2.jpg
In real life you can change position and get a good view of 'the other side', especially at the rear.

At the front it is slightly less because of the sails:
53 Morror-2.jpg
But when you bend your knees something, you get this perspective.

I couldn't filter out all the reflections, but all in all, that piece of mirror gives a much more dynamic presentation.
Regards, Peter

Dear Peter. I have finally made my way to what can only be described as the all-time definitive build of a Bluenose model - in any scale, derived from whatever source, anywhere in the world. Full stop. And I am very sure that I can cast that net much wider, but before I do some serious stepping on toes, let me rest my case. Everything about this model can and should be described in the superlative - except the scale. The irony is that at 1:72 scale the amount of detailing included in this build is probably one of the biggest superlatives. The amount of detailing is only matched by the method of displaying the model (cutting it half), which in itself is something to marvel about.

I have often thought about what is the best build I have ever seen and whilst i have not yet made up my mind about that, this model is most certainly one of the top contenders. It is a masterpiece and I do not say that lightly.

Chapeau, my friend!

Interesting, this proves a mirror is of some value when viewed from below but overall seems to complicate viewing. One needs to be able to walk all around for the best effect. I suppose alternating the primary view starboard 6 months port 6 months would work.

I'll bother you one last time with some more pictures.
I placed the BN in the display case with the openwork side in sight. Also with a view of the layout of the fishhold. But at the same time that is a shame because you do not see the black-red closed side with the beautiful lines of the hull.

Therefore placed a piece of mirror against the rear glass. This was also an option for Daniel @Daniel20 for the later display of his BN. So Daniel here you can get an impression:
View attachment 386779
I also had a full mirror back as an option in mind. But then the image is distorted because everything in the surrounding is reflected in the mirror.

In the photo I can only show fixed images:
View attachment 386780
In real life you can change position and get a good view of 'the other side', especially at the rear.

At the front it is slightly less because of the sails:
View attachment 386781
But when you bend your knees something, you get this perspective.

I couldn't filter out all the reflections, but all in all, that piece of mirror gives a much more dynamic presentation.
Regards, Peter
You'd hardly bother me with pictures of your BN....
Brilliant idea, having that vertical mirror, reflecting the closed side of the hull and a lot of eye candy to feast upon.
Above all, she's a beauty, that's for sure.

Dear Peter. I have finally made my way to what can only be described as the all-time definitive build of a Bluenose model - in any scale, derived from whatever source, anywhere in the world. Full stop. And I am very sure that I can cast that net much wider, but before I do some serious stepping on toes, let me rest my case. Everything about this model can and should be described in the superlative - except the scale. The irony is that at 1:72 scale the amount of detailing included in this build is probably one of the biggest superlatives. The amount of detailing is only matched by the method of displaying the model (cutting it half), which in itself is something to marvel about.

I have often thought about what is the best build I have ever seen and whilst i have not yet made up my mind about that, this model is most certainly one of the top contenders. It is a masterpiece and I do not say that lightly.

Chapeau, my friend!
Hi Heinrich, my dear moderated friend.
I see that you are busy with new energy to get back to ‘flying height’ here on the SoS
You have already written many words of praise in my log. And now one that made me silent for a moment and also had to think about how to answer it.
I'll just....... many ...... many thanks for these very nice words and compliments.
And I hope, as you wrote in your reaction in your own WB log, you have received the motivation to get back to work with your own BN in due course. There are now several examples of beautiful builded BN’s in several stages to get inspired.
Regards, Peter

Interesting, this proves a mirror is of some value when viewed from below but overall seems to complicate viewing. One needs to be able to walk all around for the best effect. I suppose alternating the primary view starboard 6 months port 6 months would work.
Hi Daniel. For sure, walking around is the best option. Turning starboard and port is what I do with my Mirage. But only ones in a few years ….. ;)
Regards, Peter

Back