YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt

The light picture exudes amazing warmth and radiance.
Hey…why is no one putting a light under the deck? Geez! Smacking my head…too late for me…but…
A former teacher told me: “Remember, taking a picture is like painting with light. If the result is not just only you yourself like it, then ...... “
So, thanxs for the reply’s and likes.
Regards, Peter

And Henk spoke: “LED there be light ....”
Nice thought.
Regards, Peter
Yep...a light placed on the side of a deck beam in a good area (maybe midship) would light up the lower frame area very nicely! ;)
With the cutaways I have in the deck, I still get a fair amount of overhead light in the lower area. Enough in fact, to place the masts and the posts at the bow without the need for a flashlight to see...ha ha!

The 4 bearing beams for the upper deck beams are installed. Where I could first pre-drill everything, like by the keelson, and drill a little deeper after placing, this was largely not possible with the bearing beams. There was not enough space between the sides for my drill.
But with a big 6,7" / 170 mm nail with flat point through the frames and a peace of wood under the relevant frame, I was able to give them a kick on the head:
178 Nailing.jpg

A traditionel picture:
179 Deck Bearing.jpg

A glimpse:
180 Deck Bearing.jpg

The connections towards the bow:
181 Bow.jpg

And to the stern:
182 Stern.jpg

Up to de bearing beams for the lower deck.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:

The 4 bearing beams for the upper deck beams are installed. Where I could first pre-drill everything, like by the keelson, and drill a little deeper after placing, this was largely not possible with the bearing beams. There was not enough space between the sides for my drill.
But with a big 6,7" / 170 mm nail with flat point through the frames and a peace of wood under the relevant frame, I was able to give them a kick on the head:
View attachment 241020

A traditionel picture:
View attachment 241027

A glimpse:
View attachment 241028

The connections towards the bow:
View attachment 241029

And to the stern:
View attachment 241030

Up to de bearing beams for the lower deck.
Regards, Peter
Very nicely executed continuation using your creative adaptation for the needed tools. Rich

There are quite a few nails in there now….
Nice to see
Your reports have given me a good picture and after reading I grab the manuals and the translated instructions
A lot clearer
Thanks for posting

Nice to see
Your reports have given me a good picture and after reading I grab the manuals and the translated instructions
A lot clearer
Thanks for posting
Thanxs Henk.
Yes, let me count with you on each of most of the 55 frames: 2 for the keelson, 2x1 for the sisters (+ some doubles at the beam connections), 2x2 for the bearing beams ........ = a lot of them! :)
..... I grab the manuals and the translated instructions.
I am also reading and looking often the drawings and the manuals. And in the Saga and Chapelle's book. From what you read and see, you have to translate to your hands. ;)
Thanks for posting
You, and the others, are welcome. And please make comments, even for things you don't like or are not right.
For me it is also a learning proces, going through this build.
Regards, Peter

You are good, Doc !!!!
True words and nothing to add :cool:
Very much appreciated, Jim and Uwe. And the other reply's and likes!
It reminds me to this (remastered) famous lyrics, my doctor could have said them to. ;)
But now related to reply's in my build-log:
Come in, sit down
Can you show me where it hurts
Try and tell me in your own words
I must seem very old
But I was young once too
I've seen many others like you
I always say exactly the same thing

Regards, Peter

Last edited: