YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Your pictures once again show the amazing graceful curves of the Bluenose. To me that hull shape is unsurpassed in beauty.
Your build succeeds in capturing that original beauty, even though you decided to cut the hull in two.
(The Admiral is still hinting...)

Your pictures once again show the amazing graceful curves of the Bluenose. To me that hull shape is unsurpassed in beauty.
Your build succeeds in capturing that original beauty, even though you decided to cut the hull in two.
(The Admiral is still hinting...)
Thank, Johan. As a waterline model, her curved shows indeed gracefully.
I will put both parts together soon, then you Admiral can see that a full-hull BN is also beautiful. ;)
And another build log soon to pass the 100 page barrier...
Well …….. on page 87 I started the first deck planking test ……… 12 passes of planking …….. crazy guy!!! :rolleyes:
But thanks to the replies of the others, it’s not only me ……. ;)
Regards, Peter

Peter, the deck planking looks excellent, well done!
I am surprised how dark the pearwood got after applying oil! Will it lighten up in time, or stay dark?
Thanks, Dean. It’s the same Pear from the frames (sheets) and hull planking. I think it will light up a bit when drying, like on the hull.
By the frames, there where also some darker. But it also depends on how the light flows.
Regards, Peter

Thanks, Dean. It’s the same Pear from the frames (sheets) and hull planking. I think it will light up a bit when drying, like on the hull.
By the frames, there where also some darker. But it also depends on how the light flows.
Regards, Peter
I treated my pear with linseed oil and it has certainly softened in color over the past year or so...

You have achieved a beautiful result Peter. The deck is nothing short of exquisite!

I haven't seen the comment yet: So much work with treenails in the hull and frames, where are they on deck?
Because I want to have them subtly visible on the deck, I chose to apply them between the first 2 layers of linseed oil. So that they don't draw too sharply. I applied them with a 0.3/0.5mm syringe:
715 Treenails.jpg
Here you have to look very closely to see them.
(And for Johan @RDN1954 : Show your Admiral this full-hull. Perhaps see admin it's a nice full-hull (and forget the sawing ..... ;))

They do sign off with floating light:
716 Treenails.jpg
At @Dean62: The deck is getting something lighter now the oil is drying and getting into te wood. Much better!
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back