Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

can we please see the drawings ?? That and the instructions we have not seen before thanks

Thanks Hedley .
I am very ready to order but after just finishing the Bonhomme Richard midsection with only 1 page of instructions, I am looking for more and better instructions. Having to plan three or four steps ahead is getting old fast. I understand that in China lots and lots of special websites are available to assist modelers therefore plans are not that important

Just got my email that kit is shipping!

Almost three months since I ordered it!

Now to wait on UPS!

But I have my notice!
You made not an "Order", it was (I guess) only a "Pre-Order", because the kit was at this time of your "Pre-Order" still not released.
After official release by CAF your kit seems to be very fast shipped......
I wanted to clarify this, because some people reading your sentence could be misinterpret your words..... :cool: ..... friendly

Thanks Hedley .
I am very ready to order but after just finishing the Bonhomme Richard midsection with only 1 page of instructions, I am looking for more and better instructions. Having to plan three or four steps ahead is getting old fast. I understand that in China lots and lots of special websites are available to assist modelers therefore plans are not that important
OK Gisel here are some random images of instructions/plans from the kit.
Drawings
There are about 10 full size drawings all clearly printed and easy to read with no distortion
I think they are well done and remind me of the type and style you would expect in an ANCRE type planset.

Instructions
There are two booklets with step by step instructions. Text is very limited but each step is set out with an illustration. Each piece
of the assembly is clearly marked.
However I think you will still have to study them along with the drawings as per your Bonhomme Richard and maybe check out how others tackle their
scratchbuilds in their logs to get a general idea of how ships are constructed.
If you have finished you midsection I don't think you would have any problems,
I don't think this kit is for a complete novice who expects to build straight out of the box on a Sunday afternoon.
Having said that my impression of the kit, it's quality and detail is extremely positive. It will produce a lovely little ship and I'm looking forward to building it
sometime soon.
You should have no problems with it.

sos9.jpgsos1.jpgsos.jpgsos2.jpgsos8.jpgsos7.jpgsos6.jpgsos5.jpgsos4.jpgsos3.jpg

I would say you are doing well Kurt. I received my notice on Monday and UPS says it is still in the air from China. Delivery is expected on Wednesday also. Shouldn't be much difference between OKC and DFW.
Kent

Back