Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

Hi... see-sawing all day between Le Coureur and Brigatine Phoenex from Crafty.. hmmmm, which to pick. Just saw this post and now it's harder, thanks a lot eh. Any thoughts out there ?
Just finishing up MARINA II from Artesania and that was fun. No rigging for a change.
Cheers John B

Yes, very good service, 5 days ago I received a mail with the shipping info, today the parcel was delivered - without customs :)

Many thanks to Tom & CAF!!

ps: no, I can't post a Box-Opening, the parcel is sealed in 3 coats of plastic ... a whole roll of ducktape I'd say .... will take me ages to unwrap it ;)
pps: no, the realy reason I can't have fun with my new toys is, I have a bad Allergy ... I almost can't see let alone read at the moment ...the few minutes the day I am allowed to read I need for this forum :)

I've been waiting for the Alert from Trident Model (Apparently I'm next on the list Cautious),I'm now thinking of giving the Coureur a go even though I prefer the look of the Alert over the Coureur (I'm not a huge fan of the almost perpendicular stem to the keel on the Coureur).
I might just wait a while for all the teething issues to be sorted at Trident.

I've been waiting for the Alert from Trident Model (Apparently I'm next on the list Cautious),I'm now thinking of giving the Coureur a go even though I prefer the look of the Alert over the Coureur (I'm not a huge fan of the almost perpendicular stem to the keel on the Coureur).
I might just wait a while for all the teething issues to be sorted at Trident.
John you will be contacted,please be patient

Received mine last Friday, after a quick look it certainly seems a fine detailed, high quality kit.. Am more than impressed. Well done CAF.
Hallo @Hedley ,
so you received some days ago your Birthday present, or?
We wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks, Uwe, My birthday present was actually HMS Alert as my wife beat me to the door when the courier rang a couple of weeks ago.
Has just been sitting in her sewing room in full view until today!
LA Courier is my birthday present to myself she just doesn't know about it yet.;)
(the pre order discount was just too tempting)
Both are lovely kits.
Hallo @Hedley ,
so you received some days ago your Birthday present, or?
We wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Last edited:
Today the postman was ringing also at my door

Le Coureur CAF kit.jpg

Many Thanks to CAF for the fast delivery and more important also for the safe packing -> Thumbsup Thumbs-Up Thumbsup Thumbs-Up

I will make a detailed kit review asap and will post it here in ShipsOfScale .....

Back