Amerigo Vespucci, Panart 1:84 scale

Hello All. I hope that you had a pleasant Xmas, I did.

The two pinnace and the two larger motor launches have now been done so that’s all of the ships boats completed. They are now mounted to the model and I think that they look quite good. Well folks after quite a modelling journey that’s it done. It has taken me about nine months to complete, It has been both challenging and interesting, I’ve had to learn different skills and techniques to get there and enjoyed most of the build, I’m glad that I did it but I wouldn’t want to start over, once was enough. Thank you all for your support and encouragement, don’t go away.

I’ve put pictures which show the boats from as many angles as could think of so I’m afraid there are rather a lot of them. When the weather improves I’ll have a good photo session of the entire boat and post those.

Now where’s the Amati Riva?

Ken

010.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg009.jpg

308.jpg309.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

Last edited:

The two pinnace and the two larger motor launches have now been done so that’s all of the ships boats completed. They are now mounted to the model and I think that they look quite good. Well folks after quite a modelling journey that’s it done. It has taken me about nine months to complete, It has been both challenging and interesting, I’ve had to learn different skills and techniques to get there and enjoyed most of the build, I’m glad that I did it but I wouldn’t want to start over, once was enough. Thank you all for your support and encouragement, don’t go away.

I’ve put pictures which show the boats from as many angles as could think of so I’m afraid there are rather a lot of them. When the weather improves I’ll have a good photo session of the entire boat and post those.

Ken

View attachment 202004

View attachment 202005

View attachment 202002View attachment 202003

View attachment 202006View attachment 202007

View attachment 202008

View attachment 202009

View attachment 202010

View attachment 202011

View attachment 202012

View attachment 202013
Hello Ken,
That is a giant fleet!
And great pictures of the AV with all those ships attached.
Regards, Peter

Ken

View attachment 202004

View attachment 202005

View attachment 202002View attachment 202003

View attachment 202006View attachment 202007

View attachment 202008

View attachment 202009

View attachment 202010

View attachment 202011

View attachment 202012

View attachment 202013
Great job Ken! 11 small boats for the big boat! And they look very nice. They really complete the ship. This is such a beautiful ship and you really did it justice! I want to build this ship now...but it sure looks like quite a task!

Reactions: Ken
Hi Ken. Superb ship you have there. I really enjoyed following your build and now looking forward to your Riva build.
Dan

Your ship's boats look fantastic and really add to the overall model presentation. Congratulations on building an heirloom.

Hello All. The ratlines are now finished, no real problems were encountered and I'm happy with the result. I used about .3mm thread for the lower and .1 for the upper lines. I do a full hitch on all lines, after about five I check for position then dab a touch of cyno on the end knots to fix them and then cut them off so that the
the extra thread doesn't get in the way.

Being in the comfy part of the house whilst doing it did present an unexpected issue, my decor, carpets and walls were the the same colour as the rigging thread and especially with the .1mm it blended in with the surrounds that it seemed to just disappear, it was like using invisible thread.

Other issues doing it with my wife around were that I couldn't swear, so that when I made a mistake I couldn't relieve my frustration with the usual colourful language. We had just bought a new Hi Fi, my wife is a huge Bob Dylan fan so I was subjected to hours of listening to just about every track that he ever made. At least I am now back in my corner of the study.

Ken

View attachment 187538

View attachment 187539

View attachment 187540

View attachment 187541

View attachment 187542

View attachment 187543

View attachment 187544
Hello Ken, that's great work, keep it up! I finished the Amerigo about 5 years ago, and I am still enjoying the model now. I had the same issue with the light-colored rigging: it is difficult to see them against a light background. The model is currently in a (very large) display case, and I think I'll play around with the lighting a bit to make them better visible. Thanks for sharing your experiences here!

Hello Ken,
I know this project is a wrap but I have spent the last week slowly working my way through your build log. I don't even have words to describe what you have produced. You are a master of the craft folded into the body and mind of a truly humble man. Thank you for sharing this log and for showing what can be accomplished. Simply stunning. Breathtaking. Mind-numbing.
Paul

Hi, Thanks for those great pictures, I see what you mean your right of course. I found them quite difficult, unlike cord I couldn’t just tension each of them up a bit as necessary it had to be a full link each time then re attach which affected the previous chains tension. I must admit I gave up trying but after seeing those pictures I will give it another go so watch this space. Any more ideas on giving me extra work!

ken
Ken, wait till you get more of the standing rigging put on. You may find that it will put enough tension on the forward lines to pull the chains up snug. Just a thought.

Hi Ken, I just uploaded all the +/- 500 pictures of my build of the Amerigo Vespucci by Panart. Perhaps you can use it in the final stretch of your build. It's here: link. Keep up the good work!

p.s. I think I'm making a mess of my 'build'/'built' and 'send'/'sent' :)

Hi Ken, I just uploaded all the +/- 500 pictures of my build of the Amerigo Vespucci by Panart. Perhaps you can use it in the final stretch of your build. It's here: link. Keep up the good work!

p.s. I think I'm making a mess of my 'build'/'built' and 'send'/'sent' :)
Here is the build log

Here is the build log

Ah, somebody who is better able to insert the link :) Thanks!

Hi guys! Nice to meet you all, im from Italy! Anyone could pls send me the build plan from Panart (precisely the Tavola n 11 & Tavola n 12) for the model? Im having some issue with the masts and I want to be very precise. Thanks!

Cześć chłopaki! Miło was wszystkich poznać, jestem z Włoch! Czy ktoś mógłby mi przesłać plan budowy od firmy Panart (dokładnie Tavola n 11 i Tavola n 12) dla tego modelu? Mam problem z masztami i chcę być bardzo precyzyjny. Dzięki!
Witaj
Link do Amerigo książeczki
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Panart and Mantua is the same company,is there two version of kits there from them?
I suspect yes because, but some of the Mantua building plans are so poor and not precise, the Panart one are better and more understandable

Podejrzewam, że tak, bo choć niektóre plany budowy Mantui są tak kiepskie i nieprecyzyjne, to Panart jest lepszy i bardziej zrozumiały
Witaj
Ja robiłem mojego Amerigo na podstawie tych książeczek
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Back