Belle Poule 1780 by Donnie

I have now sealed up one side. The front lower Bow was a little challenging for some reason getting the pieces to join correctly. The hull was moistened with Water to simulate a little stain. Therefore this is where I am with it:

note: the darker strips are very hard wood - the lighter are softer and sand easier. It is obvious that the strips came from different part of the trunk or tree.

planking-32.jpg

planking-33.jpg

planking-34.jpg

Witaj
Pięknie położona deska ,gratulacje. Wiem, że nie jest to gorąco bo sam nie dawno to robiłem.
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Buenos días. Tiene buena pinta. Muy buen trabajo.
Completados:
EMMA Constructo 1:50
EL CAZADOR OCCRE 1:60
LE HUSSAR 1:50 Artesanía Latina
Misisipi 1:80 OCCRE
MARINA II 1:50 Artesanía Latina
CADAQUÉS 1:20 Artesanía latina
LA TOULONNAISE Artesanía latina
CALELLA OCCRE 1:15

I have now sealed up one side. The front lower Bow was a little challenging for some reason getting the pieces to join correctly. The hull was moistened with Water to simulate a little stain. Therefore this is where I am with it:

note: the darker strips are very hard wood - the lighter are softer and sand easier. It is obvious that the strips came from different part of the trunk or tree.

View attachment 320416

View attachment 320414

View attachment 320415
Good morning Donnie. This is wonderful planking. Cheers Grant

accurate planking - very good work my friend
I like the differences in the wood colour - so it is more visible, that the hull is not made out of "plastic", but made out of individual planks of a natural material

Having example of this caliber to look at is very useful for other less experienced builders.
Thank you for your posts.

Back