Build Log "CAF" HMS Enterprise

Paul, those rudder parts look so cool, that’s gotta be one of the slickest setups I have seen- looks great when installed and working!

Brian, Lou thanks for the tips on the Brass parts, really cleaned up well, and have ordered Brass Black. Spent the rest of the time removing external frame char, starting to bevel Bow/Stern, and fixing beginner full POF mistakes....trust me....there's alot....LOL

IMG_1187.jpgIMG_1189.jpgIMG_1190.jpg

Installed a portion of the Steering Gear today, had to remove Deck Beams 23 and 24 and the carlings(should have looked at the instruction manual pictures closer). Nice Illustration of the steering gear in Frolich's Art of Ship Modeling(originally Boudriot's 74 Gun Ship). CAF did a nice job fabricating the Steering Gear. Once Brass Black arrives, I can finish up fittings and finalize the Gear and Rudder

IMG_1193.jpgIMG_1195.jpg

Invested in a life saver tool last week, a Dremel 90 degree attachment. Was able to sand all the smaller areas on the Deck work, and get 95% of the char off the frames on the starboard side. Also, started applying brass black to the Rudder fixtures. Interesting note, the steering gear fell out of the hull on to the floor, and before I noticed, the Dog ate it....so....Tom at Caf is sending new parts!

IMG_1199.jpgIMG_1200.jpgIMG_1202.jpgIMG_1197.jpg

上周投资了一个救生工具,一个 Dremel 90 度附件。能够打磨甲板上所有较小的区域,并从右舷的框架上去除 95% 的焦炭。此外,开始在舵装置上应用黄铜黑色。有趣的是,舵机从船体上掉到了地板上,在我注意到之前,狗把它吃了……所以……咖啡馆的汤姆正在发送新零件!
我的猫经常丢失我的零件并毁坏我的模型

ENGLISH
My cat often loses my parts and destroys my model

...... the Dog ate it....so....Tom at Caf is sending new parts!
Good for Tom, that not every modeler has a pet at home.
We have a cat and a dog at home, but until now (knocking on wood) they are not interested in my hobby :rolleyes:

Working on the frame supports for the gunports. Does anyone have a suggestion, tool suggestion on cutting out the gunports? Thanks

IMG_1206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
在枪口的框架支架上工作。有没有人有关于切割炮口的建议,工具建议?谢谢
I used an electric drill and a penknife at the time, but my Chinese friends popularly cut the muzzle with a sonic knife imported from Japan. It is said to work well but the price is not beautiful.

Cool, let us know if it is useful for the intended purpose, which did you end up getting?

Added the gunport support frames today, and a little more sanding on exterior of frames. Looks like I will be marking gun ports next, and beginning to trim them out. I am still waiting on the steering gear part the dog ate, so cant finish up stern and begin deck planking till I receive that from Tom. Lou, I ordered the Tamiya saw and will let u know how it goesIMG_1208.jpg

....but my Chinese friends popularly cut the muzzle with a sonic knife imported from Japan. It is said to work well but the price is not beautiful.
sounds interesting
Is this sonic knife something like this one?

听力不错
这把声波刀是这样的吗?
[媒体=youtube]FA46h7Db

听起来不错
这把声波刀是这样的吗?
[媒体=youtube]FA46h7Db1BY[/媒体]
ZK[LIE`LE7D8WZD)A8OW%BU.png

我只知道中国的购买地址,大概就是这个。听朋友说这个工具可以从很多繁重的工作中解放出来。我也准备买这个。

I only know the purchase address in China, which is probably this. I heard from friends that this tool can be liberated from a lot of heavy work. I am also going to buy this.

Back