Build Log "CAF" HMS Enterprise

Ok, back at it. Have completed the Star Board Gun Port openings except for 1. This was a difficult portion for me, to layoff the gunport locations and maintain the sweep of the deck. Took the lay of the gunports off the plan on tracking paper, and laid against hull, alos used calipers to measure deck to opening height, then penciled in all port openings. My issue was not accounting for the width of the top and bottom sill of each port. So i created a small jig to trace the gunports out to include the width of the sills. Caf also includes a Deck to Bottom sill measuring tool(shaped like cannon) to ensure sweep stays the same. Any suggestions on making this easier and more accurate for the port side? Thanks

IMG_1235.jpgIMG_1234.jpgIMG_1236.jpg

Have started the New Project CAF Models HMS Enterprise. This will be my first Admiralty Build. Ordered directly from Tom at CAF, only to 16 days to arrive to the states. Tom included a Long Boat kit as a Gift as well. This will be my first Build Log as well, so any advice will be well taken. The Kit arrived in 6 separate boxes including 1 39 page instruction booklet. Directions are in Chinese, but with the help of Briyan, and a companion of Bernard Frolich's "The Art of Ship Modeling" ....we should be able to pull this off!
Hallo @Paul132
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back at it after a short holiday break, got the port side wales and strakes put on. Interesting process bending the 3x7 wales around the bow! Tried wet and dry with my plank bender. Found it was better to start at the bow, attach here first and then bend around going toward the stern. Moving on to the starboard side, should be easier now that I have completed the port

IMG_1288.jpgIMG_1289.jpgIMG_1290.jpg

Anyone know where to order 3x7 cherry strips? need a few more to finish Wales? thx

The Lumberyard, Hobbymil.eu, Bibigon, etc, but seeing that you are in USA, I would say The Lumberyard-https://dlumberyard.com/ l think they still sell dimensioned wood for planking but I don’t see it on their website?? Perhaps an email to Ev at mrs22wood@aol.com requesting a quote for the size you need? Or if it’s just a few strips you need and can’t find a viable source send me a PM and we’ll work something out….

Lou
The Lumberyard, Hobbymil.eu, Bibigon, etc, but seeing that you are in USA, I would say The Lumberyard-https://dlumberyard.com/ l think they still sell dimensioned wood for planking but I don’t see it on their website?? Perhaps an email to Ev at mrs22wood@aol.com requesting a quote for the size you need? Or if it’s just a few strips you need and can’t find a viable source send me a PM and we’ll work something out….
Lou, Thankyou

Back at it after a short holiday break, got the port side wales and strakes put on. Interesting process bending the 3x7 wales around the bow! Tried wet and dry with my plank bender. Found it was better to start at the bow, attach here first and then bend around going toward the stern. Moving on to the starboard side, should be easier now that I have completed the port

View attachment 279388View attachment 279389View attachment 279390
Zoly, thats a whole lot of likes!! Thankyou!!

Back