looks as good as your Chaperon!....Tasted better I'm sure
Hi Heinrich, I outsmarted myself on this bit. I ”carefully” measured the trim piece to find its center and matched that to the scribed line in the center of the roof curve. BUT…..Why do instructions always get in the way of a good story? The "preliminary" fitting looked very good Jan so I am sure that once the zeegs and sways have been ironed out, the result will be most pleasing.
I see it - but could you use the trim to hide it a bit? It won't be an easy fix...
I’m hoping to ”de-bond” the worst area and re do the stanchion and roof bond. If you look at the previous trim picture, rows three and four (counting up from the bottom) are the trim pieces that attach to the Boiler deck roof edge. They have a slight upward curve from stem to stern. It definitely will be “touchy” procedure.That is now a bummer Jan. I agree with Paul's advice to try and disguise it.
Great to see that you fixed the problem, Jan. Also here: the time investment and your willing to redo this, pays off! It are eye-catching lines over the full lenght and it would bother you forever.The Hurricane roof trim Re Do progress:
View attachment 309274
I managed to unglue all the stanchions at the roof of the Hurricane deck. I then clamped a six inch section to the right height and used a glue looper to place a drop of fine CA between the roof and the stanchions. I know that CA is supposed to be an instant bond but I gave it a couple of hours to do it's thing before moving on to the next section. For no particular reason I worked from the stern to the bow. The circled portion is the last section to "adjust" , I think the fix will be "OK". The clamped piece of trim fits the way the build instructions indicate it should. The Starboard side also needs to be re-done
Hi Peter.Great to see that you fixed the problem, Jan. Also here: the time investment and your willing to redo this, pays off! It are eye-catching lines over the full lenght and it would bother you forever.
Luckily I has (till now ) no humidity problem with my Lee. But from the last part of the build, I had it in the showcase.Hi Peter.
Indeed, that little problem was an “eye catcher“, not so much from a full on side view as viewing it full length from bow to stern. The ripple effect would have been very noticeable while trying to attach the trim piece. In the above post #531 there is still a minor gap (the red outlined area) that needs to be re done. The trim piece is designed to follow the sweep of the roof line and attaches to the top of the stanchions. That part of the build (the completed decks, etc.) was set aside on top of a bookshelf while I worked on the Pilot house and Texas deck. I never gave any thought to the possible effects humidity.