DE 7 PROVINCIËN (1665) 1:50

I have chosen for building this ship as my father left me the book "De 7 Provinciën" van G.C. Dik. A book that comes with a set of plans (1:77). Years later I decided to actually build this model.
I wanted the model to be a bit greater than it would be on a scale of 1:77, envisioning a completed model in our living room. We have double doors entering this room with on both sides about 1,6 / 1,7 meter free wall, What a sight it would be to have one or even better to have a model on each side of the entrance of our living room. A fine scale to build this model would be about 1:48-1:50 making it a model of roughly 1.30 meter over all.
More info on this ship/model was searched for and found amongst other things on the website of the now deceased Otte Blom, who made an elaborate study of this ship and his drawings/plans can be found on internet. I looked around on several forums and found a building log by Dražen Carić, whose method appealed to me and for a first build (it has been over 40 years since I built a model) it appeared to me to be a good role model to get me started.
In the meantime I have collected several books to get deeper into the matter of 17th/18th century ship building and rigging. My latest and much appreciated acquisition "The Art of Ship Modeling" by Bernard Frolich (ancre.fr).

.. to be continued ..
Hallo @Herman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hoi Herman. Dis nauw wel mosterd na de maal maarre felicitaties met de geboortedag!

Happy birthday !!!!
Hi Herman,

Hope you have/had a great day celebrating with family and friends. Nice to see you received some nice books and tools to make the day even more special.
Dear Herman
Happy birthday, wish you all the best and happiness :) Birthday-Cake
Happy Birthday, Herman! Birthday-Cake
Hoi Herman. Dis nauw wel mosterd na de maal maarre felicitaties met de geboortedag!
Happy Birthday, Hermann!

Warm greetings
Thomas
Happy Birthday, HermannBottleBottleBottleBottleThumbs-Up
Happy Birthday/ Van Harte Gefeliciteerd, Herman. Een dagje te laat, maar welgemeend!
Gr. Peter
Van harte met je verjaardag, Herman!
All grouped together, like a 2nd birthday party Beer
Thank you all, Daniel, Paul, Shota, Jim, Heinrich, Thomas, Frank, Peter, Johan and Tobias for your well wishes.

Back