Don Farr's Blandford Cross Section Build

Dave and Mike Should have looked further Mikes attachment is what that is MDHK 6 the one with the notch in it where does that go it finishes at the top of the beam so where do I place it, I HAVE A MENTAL BLOCK ON THIS need some help to determine it. THANKS Don PS the notch fits on top of the deck clamp, i just do not know where it goes please help. Don

Dave and Mike, I understand that but the problem That I have is WHERE IS IT LOCATED in relation to the deck beam and what would call the horizantal MDHK the one that buts up to the deck beam, according to the framing plan there is only space for the horizantal knee, so where does it go there are 3 what I call vertical HANGING KNEES, just can not figure out where it goes. THANKS AGAIN Don

Mike I think I understand it now, I was looking at it as 2 pieces I think it is one piece with the framing plan showing the HK from the top am I correct, and I think that is why you put thin on MDHK2&5 am i right on this now I can proced. THANKS TO YOU AND Dave for all the help, now to find a piece thin to do MDHKs 2&5. THANKS AGAIN Don

Took a break for a couple of days from the BLANDFORD BUILD, back again, have a question for Dave(DOC BLAKE) used your method for the MDB FRAMING picture of the MDB No 2 with arms, carlings and ledges installed now to clean them up 2 coats of MIN-WAX NATURAL STAIN and will dry fit and then install, my question to Dave is are you doing the rest of the beams, carlings, ledges etc on the model or continuing in somw way off the model, did my LDFRAMING on the model NOT GOOD LOOKING FOR ANOTHER WAY, ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED81074

Last edited by a moderator:
Don: What I would do is fit all the carlings in place with the beams glued in place. Start with those between beam 1 and 2 on the deck. Don't glue the carlings in place, though. Line up the notches on the lodging knees opposite each other with a straight edge and mark the carlings for the notches. For the inboard ledges use the plans to measure the location of the ledge notches and draw them in. Take the carlings off the model to cut the notches, then replace the carlings and fit the ledges.

here are more pictures, and a question is there any type of glue that I can use as a temporary hold on the deck beams while i mark them and then take it apart without distotion tried clamps but not working, the pictures show the MDBs and arms dry fitted, now to clean them up 2 coats MIN-WAX NATURAL STAIN, before permanant installation need to mark the carlings8117181172811738117481175811768117781178

Hi Don,
You can try two-sided tape, it would be easier to remove than glue.
Mike
Or use rubber cement. If you can't buy it from the art/craft store, you can go to a tire repair shop, it the same stuff to fix punchers in the inner tubes.
Using rubber cement, the paper doesn't wrinkle and stays on resemble firm until you try to lift it up. The paper comes off easily as well as the cement. Great stuff.

Back