Galilee Boat 16” [COMPLETED BUILD]

Rudder davits View attachment 358230are attached.
Good morning Vic. Brilliant progress. This is another wonderful gift you are making. I see those bottles of Gorilla CA glue. I don’t know if my gel Gorilla CA is just old but it doesn’t seem to set quickly? I have to hold it for like 2min or more? Is this normal? Cheers Grant

Roger, the picture over your signature block shows a boat. Do you have a build log of it? If you built it, you know what I'm going through.

Hi Vic, yes I built the dory but no build log I’m sorry to say. However, I submitted some photos of the finished model back in 2021. Link is below in my signature “Bluejacket Grand Banks Dory”.

You are doing a wonderful job of your Galilee boat, it’s very impressive. I’m enjoying following your progress.

Good morning Vic. Brilliant progress. This is another wonderful gift you are making. I see those bottles of Gorilla CA glue. I don’t know if my gel Gorilla CA is just old but it doesn’t seem to set quickly? I have to hold it for like 2min or more? Is this normal? Cheers Grant
I use it for bigger things, but I also have to use helps like clamps, tape, pins, etc. Once it sets, it seems to do pretty well. The thin glue seems to dissipate or soak in too quickly on some applications. Then it won't work very well. I guess I just use whatever I feel like at the moment, or what seems appropriate. I'm not sure hw to explain it other than that.

Hi Vic, yes I built the dory but no build log I’m sorry to say. However, I submitted some photos of the finished model back in 2021. Link is below in my signature “Bluejacket Grand Banks Dory”.

You are doing a wonderful job of your Galilee boat, it’s very impressive. I’m enjoying following your progress.
I'm really appreciating the work that goes into small boats more and more. I love your dory. Lots of love went into it. I'm finding that building for someone else gives a certain depth to what you are doing. It's sharing your skills and creativity with others, and it makes you want to do your best.

This is a picture of a mosaic at Migdol (Tower or fortress) near the Sea of Galilee. It looks like it has only one yard instead of the two yard version of the Egyptians, with an upper and a lower yard. It closely resembles this boat and has a square sail instead of a lateen. That's what I'm planning for this model.
3-58a84b44ae.jpg

Back