Galilee Boat 16” [COMPLETED BUILD]

Your soldering iron appears to have heat controls - did you try turning it down a bit? I found I needed to re-wet the wood when the heat dried it out. You can't burn wet wood.
It does have heat controls. But the little sticks for frames break even using heat. They do much better bending by hand. Otherwise, they snap along the grain. I'm glad most of it will be hidden. Other places can be sanded. So, I guess it'll be okay, Paul.

Good morning Vic. You are making some serious progress here. The month’s challenge with your twist and turning planks has certainly paid dividends. You owned it.

Great work Vic. Looking awesome. BTW what is “disc golf”?
Cheers Grant
Disc golf uses a disc (kind of like a frisbee) to throw on a course and throw into a basket. I used a “driver” and a “putter.”
1676147554927.jpeg

Beautiful! You are moving fast! I guess it’s quicker the second time around. ;)
It is quicker, Dean. I don’t have to read the directions about 10 times before acting on them. But I’m adding things like treenails and foot rests that I didn’t have before. I also have a lot more time lately. I think the hardest part is the hull. Everything else is relatively easy.
image.jpg

Anybody have an idea whether the seats were movable or not?
A thwart is part of an undecked boat that provides seats for the crew and structural rigidity for the hull. A thwart goes from one side of the hull to the other. There might be just one thwart in a small boat, or many in a larger boat, especially if several oarsmen need to be accommodated. Because they provide structural rigidity, some larger boats even have supporting knees on top or parallel to the thwart, they are made as permanent and not movable\removable.
Today, when the hulls are made from fiberglass, they are made removable and adjustable for the rowers.

800px-Clinker_built_dinghy_awaiting_restoration.jpg

A thwart is part of an undecked boat that provides seats for the crew and structural rigidity for the hull. A thwart goes from one side of the hull to the other. There might be just one thwart in a small boat, or many in a larger boat, especially if several oarsmen need to be accommodated. Because they provide structural rigidity, some larger boats even have supporting knees on top or parallel to the thwart, they are made as permanent and not movable\removable.
Today, when the hulls are made from fiberglass, they are made removable and adjustable for the rowers.

800px-Clinker_built_dinghy_awaiting_restoration.jpg
Thanks, Dimi!

Back