H.M.S Granado. Plank on frame 1/48 scale. CAF model.

Brian,
I understand and I agree that everything is messy with the virus all all the problems, social problems and the like. We are all affected by it in some way or another and some more than others and some less than others and some in the middle.
It can be depressing, fearful, anxiety and many things can cause feelings of dread and loss of interest.
The granado is one of the main highlights right now and you have many people looking to you for inspiration as you work on the model and are admired by your abilities. Don’t loose hope. Don’t get discouraged - this too shall pass.

Good to hear your doing well!

After working on the Alfred for two years, you deserve a nice restSleep, but not to long, spring is just around the corner.:):cool::p

Good to have you back in the loop. Looking forward to your great work
I took a long hiatus, almost 8 months, for various reasons, mostly a lot of ennui, without doing much building, then all of a sudden..Zap and I started again...( I didn't have ECT)...
I'm continuing on Le Coureur and also on Enterprise, but I would also like to start on Granado...When I start (soon), I will be following your build..You have a huge fan base !! England expects.......

Hi gang,
been a bit slack with updating this build log, but I am getting back into the swing of things with this build.

I have removed most of the laser char and the frames are sitting loosely in the building jig, so I can assess the work required on fairing the inner frames. I still need to do a considerable amount of sandpapering, but things are moving along again. ;).

.IMG_4550.jpegIMG_4552.jpegIMG_4551.jpeg

Thanks Paul. My close up photos make me cringe seeing all the work still required.
I know exactly how you feel, the camera is so unforgiving, and the human eye and most people that will actually see the model will never catch that kind of detail. Unfortunately, if you want to show your work to your peers on this forum, the camera is going to be your biggest critic…. Unless you are Dr. Paul, his rigging isn’t fuzzy, his joints are tight and symmetrical, planking is ….. etc. etc. some guys just got the mojo! :)

Moving along nicely Bryian!
I'm only just ahead of you, but I build slow, so expect you will be passing me shortly.
Yes, there is an enormous volume of work to do on these POF models, but well worth it in the end.

Ted

Good to see an update on your work on the Granado - we waited a longer time for it.
Would be happy to see more often some posts showing the work and the way you do it ......

One question:
As I understood, you are not preparing the frames with the possibility of separation the top from the bottom of the hull.
But in principle, where would be the dividing line appr.? Am I correct with the red line?
IMG_4551.jpeg

Hello Uwe,
I do not want to interrupt Brian's answer, but I did find out some info that I share on POST #114. I am sure that Brian will like to have the opportunity to respond - sorry Brian if I answer too soon for you. Please elaborate if you wish.

Hi Uwe and Donnie,
I was considering building the frames without a separation, then cutting through them with a Dremel diamond disc.
Not sure whether it will work, but previous experience has been good using this diamond disc.

.Dremel_1_In(4).jpeg

Back