HMS Alert by PeterM [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo everybody. Thanks for all the likes. Continuation of separating the frames from the berth. Some frames got loose and were fixed with CA and rubber band.
DSC02146.JPG
DSC02141.JPG
Now I have a question to all those who completed the "big cut". Do You continue to separate the frames from the berth till the very last frame. I can imagine, that the stucture gets more instable the less frames are left and the danger of breaking out of the frames increases. Or do You cut the upper part of the berth in smaller pieces which would remove the tension from the remaining frames and also improve the access to cut them (see red lines on the picture below).
DSC02146_LI.jpg
Greetings
PeterM

Hallo everybody. After few additional cuts the hull was finally removed from the berth without any serious problems. Only the rest part at the stern has still to be removed. At the first glance, it looks "naked" without the protective structure of the berth but at the second look one can see the elegant lines of the ship body.
DSC02149 (2).JPG
DSC02153.JPG
DSC02158.JPG
DSC02160.JPG
DSC02161.JPG
Greetings
PeterM

Wonderful Peter, one question what did you treat the wood with? It's a great color and the grain of the wood really comes into its own.

The ship is look grand at this point, and you can now see the lines of the hull very well.

Keep up the good work, you will have it planked in not time.

Hallo everybody. Thanks for all the comments and likes. Now she is free. I worked on the stern and the rails and gunports. One comment here: I was too late with finding the hint of paulv in his Alert log on the length of the frames when cutting them off. He advised to keep them 2-3mm longer then marked on the template. I had to extend some frame tops after the big cut to keep the correct distance between the lower and upper rails.
DSC02164.JPG
DSC02166.JPG
DSC02176.JPG
DSC02177.JPG
DSC02179.JPG
DSC02189.JPGSo far so good. I still have to finish the front part of the rails and than decide if I want to paint them with black ink or leave them in natural wood look as the rest of the hull.
Greetings
PeterM

Great job and excellent craftmanship, Peter. I kinda agree with Tobi, the black rails would add a contrast, however, what color do you plan for wales? If you leave it natural, the rails are better natural color as well. All and all, it is your taste. it is your Alert!

Maarten, Your eagle eyes don't oversee anything;). Yes, I'm planning to add the filler pieces, I simply did not get that far yet.
I'm thinking if I should cover the outside of the stern with strips or leave it as it is. Adding strips would cause some major modifications in the construction of the stern. The side counter timbers woul have to be made wider in order to cover the ends of the planks (inside and outside). Tobias and Jim; I wanted the wales black in any case, so probably I will also go for the black rails. Thanks You all for the helpfull remarks.

Hallo everybody. Uwek thanks for Your kind komment and all the others for the likes. I put the filler pieces in place. Deco stripes were formed with help of the profiles cut into the metal saw blade. I started to paint the rails with black ink and covered the front and the back of the stern with planks.
DSC02207.JPG
DSC02215.JPG
DSC02222.JPG
DSC02231.JPG
DSC02236.JPG
DSC02242 (2).JPG
DSC02246.JPGDSC02251.JPG
Greetings
PeterM

Back