HMS Blandford Project Main Support Page

For everybody interested in the the original ship HMS Blandford, launched in 1720

please take a look in our area "Ship History and Research"

where we posted a Topic about the Blandford and the 1719 Establishment 20-gun frigates with contemporary models and drawings

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...frigate-based-on-the-1719-establishment.2848/

Here you can find additional technical data of the class, information about sisterships, original drawings from the shipyards, contemporary models, and a book review of Peter Goodwins Anatomy of Ships series of this ship

Hi again, MIKE, I was wondering if you could tell me how to create a log of HMS BLANDFORD.
Are there any special guidelines to follow ----?

I have now got order of all the drawings, started by making the construction jig, collecting materials, made a spindle sander.
Frames and beams are made of birch, deck, planking, whales and other details become holly.

KNUT

Hi Knut, I can help you out. Go to the Blandford Cross Section Build in FORUMS and click on it, at the very top of the page should be a picture of you along side a wide "bar" with "Thread Title" in it. Click inside the bar and write your title such as Knut's Blandford Build.
And that basically is it, this also applies to a build log in any category, Enjoy and look forward to your build.

Thanks for the tips ERIC and ZOLTAN.

I'm still in the planning phase, got hold of a plank that was supposed to be cherry-?
I will make a sample-frame of this, if the test result is good I will use this for frames, beams and lower planking.
As you can see, some drawings in the wood, If i can avoid these, I hope the result will be usable.
When all the materials are in order I will start my build log

kirsebær (1).jpgkirsebær (6).jpgkirsebær (9).jpg

KNUT

Mike: When did you glue the well and shot locker in place? I would assume it best to glue bean 2 in place first, and position the well/locker relative to that.

Mike, can you give me the measurements on the keel's height and width in (mm), I build 1-32 scale ?. I usually measure straight from the drawings,
But want to have the keel properly to get a completely accurate start.
As the material lists are not in (mm) I will make the parts as they are before to be mounted.
Had the material lists that followed with the plans hosted (mm) it had been easily.
I have no idea how to convert from inshes to (mm).
Thank you very much

Mike: In your build log you mentioned that if there was enough interest, you might post the details of several methods to create scratch-built gratings. Well, I'm at the grating stage in the build and VERY interested. I'd like to scratch-build my own. Any chance you could post the topic as a tutorial? Thanks!!

Hi Dave, you mentioned in your log that you were going to use Holly for your decking, I too am going to use Holly, the last time I used it it got very dirty and had a hard time cleaning it up, what do you use to keep it clean during construction. THANKS Don

Back