HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

The next and last missing frames are the cant frames at the bow

the laser lines for the sanding are fitting very well - also in principle the frames by themself into the jig

View attachment 304585

View attachment 304586

step by step I am getting ready, so I can start to fix the elements permanently on the keel

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued ....
Just climbed on board with your build Uwe, great work so far. Of course, when I look at your progress I realise how much I still have to learn. Looking forward to your continued progress Thumbsup

Many Thanks to all for your interest, the comments and hints as well the likes received - that is the motivation to post the progress

I have sanded the cant frames of one side carefully with the drum sander

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

until now everything is fitting very well - the parts still need a final touch, but we can imagine, how it will look like

Many Thanks for following my building log .... to be continued

The cant frames on the left are now hand sanded and got their final form, the other side of the cant frames of the bow section are now also prepared and roughly sanded with the drum sander - still everything is dry fitted

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

everything is fitting very well into the slots of the jig

IMG_0190.jpg

and here an overview of the complete hull with all frames prepared - everything dry fitted

IMG_0192a.jpg

Hope to get everything glued and fixed during the upcoming weekend

Many Thanks for your interest in my building log - see you soon

WOW Uwek, you are moving fast !!!

Thank you for the pictures !!! And details !!!

This thread and the others ones that have been posted that also contain lots of details, will help me and many others a LOT when the time to built this kit comes.

Cheers !!!
Daniel

The cant frames on the left are now hand sanded and got their final form, the other side of the cant frames of the bow section are now also prepared and roughly sanded with the drum sander - still everything is dry fitted

View attachment 305515

View attachment 305517

View attachment 305516

and here an overview of the complete hull with all frames prepared - everything dry fitted

View attachment 305518

It looks that good dry-fitted, I can imagine it'll be perfect when it's all glued together. Great work Thumbsup
- Mark

its l

View attachment 305515

View attachment 305517

View attachment 305516

View attachment 305518

it's looks wonderful progress, great work :) Thumbsup

Hola Uwek, mucho lijar pero al final vale la pena, un gran trabajo y limpio, me encanta tu modelo y esta manera de construir, un abrazo

Hello Uwek, a lot of sanding but in the end it's worth it, a great job and clean, I love your model and this way of building, a hug

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo friends,
many thanks for your kind words and comments, and also for the likes received - this is really motivating

before I can finally fix the frames on the´keel, the stern and also the bow has to be finished and well fitting.
The final fixing will start from the stern towards midship and the same from the bow towards midship

Many thanks for the well prepared kit to @CAFmodel - everything is fitting well into the jig - well done

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

to be continued ....... and mayn thanks for your interest in my building log

Hallo friends,
many thanks for your kind words and comments, and also for the likes received - this is really motivating

before I can finally fix the frames on the´keel, the stern and also the bow has to be finished and well fitting.
The final fixing will start from the stern towards midship and the same from the bow towards midship

Many thanks for the well prepared kit to @CAFmodel - everything is fitting well into the jig - well done

View attachment 306621

View attachment 306622

View attachment 306623

View attachment 306624

to be continued ....... and mayn thanks for your interest in my building log
That looks very nice, Uwe. The last picture has a impressive perspective!
Regards, Peter

It was now really time to fix the elements permanently on the keel

so first the stern structure

IMG_0206.jpg

and it was the last time, that the keel lewft for a moment the jig in order to control - awaiting the cant frames

IMG_0207.jpg

some more views from different perspectives, so othe rmodelr, working on this model can get an impression

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Now the stern was back into the jig and the cantframes received the final touch

IMG_0204.jpg

and finally fixed on top of the keel

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

looking good - no bigger gaps, only some smaller sanding works necessary when the complete hull will be removed from the jig. This will be done during the final sanding of the outer hull -> in some months......or so

IMG_0218.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest in my owrk and building log - it is highly appreciated

To be continued .....

Hallo friends,

many thanks for interest in my building log and the likes received

One of the next working steps was the surface treatment of the for and aft side of each frame - later on, when these frames are fixed on the keel it will be much more complicated to make this.

IMG_0220.jpg

I could not resist to dry fit once more all the frames and the prepared keelson, which was prepared in the meantime with some bolting (copper nails of 0,7mm)

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Looking at the status of the frames, I decided to take once more every single frame into hand and clean / sand the inside and also outside the area close to the keel (later on it is very hard to clean the outside of the keel of the frame from the laser char close to the keel (red arrows)

IMG_0220a.jpg

so once more ........

Back