HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

I will be watching with interest how this mini project comes out for you.

I am guessing you will have to clean up the copy on side glued to wood if using a one sided mold?

Still easier than making 200 dowels identical by hand.

you will have to clean up the copy on side glued to wood if using a one sided mold?
I am not sure I understood the question. Please look at my post #347 for details:

They look great YT.I think you may have struggled a bit with Miliput.It is very "stiff" even when you work it is your hands to warm it up and it would have taken a lot of manipulation to make sure the mould is properly filled.

Kind Regards

Nigel

I think you may have inadvertently stumbled on something new using the JB product.I am curious as to what "castings" will look like in that product with a clear finish on.This could be an alternative to multiple identical small carvings if you are not using paint.They remind me a little of the pressed wood details you get in Corel kits however with this process you can make anything you want.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Now I am thinking what black paint to use for wooden dead eyes colouring.
Hello Y.T. what timber is original deadeyes made from? You may try to use black Indian ink. I learn this material from @Maarten. It penetrates the wood and doesn't change\build up the texture (except the color), exactly what we need. I use a brand called Ecoline recommended by Maarten.

Back