HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

These news surprisingly did not stress me at all. I was planning to stop posting there anyway. MSW site is run by businessmen desperate to protect their interests. And they are right. Their businesses ARE in danger. Instead of innovation, lowering prices without sacrificing quality and making their customers happy they introduce kit manufacturers bans. This is a dead end. Some of my negative comments about quality of certain modelling products were taken there as a personal offence instead of as a constructive feedback.
On other hand I had impression that this forum is mostly consist of hobbyists rather than business people. Bottom line I am happy to be a member of this forum.

Welcome to the club YT.I am a paid up member.The thing I wonder is when they quote their membership figures if we still count,after all we are still members just banned?ROTFROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

I cant stop laughing. Best posting of the week.... :) :)

Y.T. I suffer the same "punishment" last week. :) :)

Like a member wrote: Winds are good.... so sail on.

And I have been following your thread. I have learned a lot from it. Thank you!!

I too have a Mamoli Victory waiting in the box.

Cheers
Daniel

Congratulate me. Today I learned I was Banned on MSW forum with formula "Banned for supporting piracy". They never advised how they arrived to this idea. Strange people. I however always thought their idea of banning some model kit manufacturers stinks. So they sensed it right.

View attachment 156591
So, Mamoli's HMS Victory is now pirated? Or anybody who is a member at SOS is a criminal? I read that bs, but it's beyond me.

Mate, I cant believe I will never get to see you finish your build on MSW, guess as I am also a member of both sites I can look forward to being paid off there.........

Oh well, at least I get to see your build on here my friend. How are you keeping in the current climate?

I have nearly finished my green tiles and am going to cover them with the copper foil tape. next step might be painting her. Got a nice set of paints from Cornwallmodelboats.

take care mate, keep safe

regards

spider

Hey, Spider999, glad to see you here! Be extra careful on MSW. Do not do any disrespect for elders there as this is dangerous for keeping their membership.
I am doing pretty well. Thanks. COVID changes had me distracted somehow from my build. I hope COVID will end eventually. I will provide my build updates soon.

Hey, Spider999, glad to see you here! Be extra careful on MSW. Do not do any disrespect for elders there as this is dangerous for keeping their membership.
I am doing pretty well. Thanks. COVID changes had me distracted somehow from my build. I hope COVID will end eventually. I will provide my build updates soon.
Mate, I dont do disrespect, it's not in my nature.. If i dont have anything good to say about someone, I simply dont say anything .
I dont get why you were binned from their forum, what did you do wrong??
I am really glad to hear you are keeping well.
I see from a few different build logs on ships of scale that I am not alone in respecting the quality of your work sir.

My next step is the stern galleries, and thanks to you I have some good ideas to help me through the hurdles.

Keep up the good work, loooking forward to seeing what you have to amaze us with next

kindest regards

spider

YT , what was this made out of please mate?
Hi Spider. This was a puncher for imitating copper plate rivets. It was made as this. I had a piece of metal strip about 10 mm wide and having a longer side. I had unlimited supply of taylor pins. I had a set of pins glued to metal strip with 2 parts epoxy. I dulled the pin ends a little with a file. This is it.

Back