HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Y.T.

Progress is slow. Mostly because I am not too happy with results. I felt separation between planks should be more noticeable. I did chamfer plank edges. May be I should have applied a "dark caulking" technique with blackening the plank edges as we normally do on the deck planking. At the end you are the judge.

Last edited:

Y.T.

Thanks Jim. Diluting PVA glue with black paint could be a great idea but when gluing, I smear lots of extra glue all around the model cleaning it later with wet cloth. I did not learn better yet. I am afraid I will make whole model black first before benefiting of having black glue between planks only.

Uwek

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Your planking is really looking very good. Based on my taste I would not imitate caulking between the planks of the second planking, especially not in your scale of 1:90.

Jimsky

I agree with Zoly, planking looking very neat. Did you bevel the edges 45 degrees of individual planks to make the spacing between planks? I can see you did a very good job shaping the first layer of planks.

Uwek

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

A very good idea, to use these wooden sticks (for icecream?) to hold the planks down!
Your first planking is very well prepared and sanded, so you are getting a great quality with your second planking
-> very good planks and wales - technically correct and well executed