HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Continue struggling with pseudo handrails.

5C1AFB28-6D4E-4B8D-B0F6-E855386F6E4F.jpegView attachment 119931
Just like any kit out there, regardless of mfg., one just has to make do with what is there and improve not just the kit but one's skills as well. This, I have seen thru out your thread. I was most impressed when you hit upon mica for window glass. I thought I was the only one to ever do that. I have also used to great effect exposed x-rays and for small flat panes, micro-scope slide glass covers. So as one can see, anything can be overcame besides the way a kit is mfg.d and or the material provided. I also was impressed with the artistic way you approached coppering the bottom. I thought you hit on a outstanding way to do. I for one get tired of the bottoms of ships looking like a new minted penny! But still you did a great job using tape, everyone is now stuck on PE ready made! Now, I have noticed you think outside the lines of the coloring book, so give www.shapeways.com a look. Just see if you see something of interest, ie: gallery bansters.
I have enjoyed your thread and yes, I agree, you took a sows ear and have so far made a silk purse. I am no fan of Constructo, but have seen people do wonders with them.
Rick

I have this same exact model, yet to begin. Your build is beautiful. I am just completing the Santa Ana 1784 by AL. I had so many problems than now I am gun shy as to attempt another model with sooooo many problems. At times I was so angry with AL that it was (at one point) either burn it or finish it. It turned out pretty well considering having to deal with levels of frustrations that were never encountered before. (and this was my 7th build)

I have this same exact model, yet to begin. Your build is beautiful. I am just completing the Santa Ana 1784 by AL. I had so many problems than now I am gun shy as to attempt another model with sooooo many problems. At times I was so angry with AL that it was (at one point) either burn it or finish it. It turned out pretty well considering having to deal with levels of frustrations that were never encountered before. (and this was my 7th build)
We hear you, Ken. Frustrations are unavoidable and can be times painful. They don't depend on kit manufacture. One of the reasons we suggest to start a build log, so you are not alone deal with the encountered troubles. We certainly eager to help, and someone can give you advice which will ease your frustrations. Did you finish your Santa Anna yet? It is not too late to start a build log... ;)

those handrails are looking good, sadly i still run away from carving sa much as i can

Jimsky....I'm down to the final 6 sails on the Santa Ana. I've been studying YT's build log ( and many others) before I start the Victory. There is actually a whole site dedicated to the Victory. Thank you

Imitating sheaves on anchor lifting bracket. Using carbide mill bit on Proxxon drill press with x-y table. Finishing with piece of jig saw blade. Unfortunately smallest bit I have is 1 mm diameter. I need about 0.7 mm one. Ordered one on Amazon.
F66478B7-9B9B-4525-90B6-45D0E3A064C0.jpeg

Back