HMS Victory Mantua 1:78 (first build) by Grant Tyler

Good afternoon. My ship building has been on hold for a few days a few more to go.... getting withdrawals ROTFROTFROTF Nothing exciting either had to have a tumor cut out my saliva gland by my jaw. Home now but still out of action.

I need to get more thread and with the cost of shipping etc to SA, I am going to order rope and blocks for next ship all at once.

I have a 850mm x 650mm spot in my pub for this ship and am undecided between the Endurance or the Xebec Cazador??? What do you guys think.

Cheers Grant
Get well soon Grant. I probably would favor the Cazador. However, the Endurance has a fascinating true life survival story behind it. Maybe one of the toughest survival stories ever.

Good afternoon. My ship building has been on hold for a few days a few more to go.... getting withdrawals ROTFROTFROTF Nothing exciting either had to have a tumor cut out my saliva gland by my jaw. Home now but still out of action.

I need to get more thread and with the cost of shipping etc to SA, I am going to order rope and blocks for next ship all at once.

I have a 850mm x 650mm spot in my pub for this ship and am undecided between the Endurance or the Xebec Cazador??? What do you guys think.

Cheers Grant

Hi Grant, I read the first paragraph of your post above and thought “ouch”, then started to read the first six words at the beginning of your second paragraph. Where you wrote “I need to get more thread”, my own jaw fell open as I wondered what that was for, yikes. Then realized your ship of course ROTF.

Ok, a little dark humour but I hope everything went well for you and rhat you are recuperating well. Wishing you well my friend.

Grant, buddy, that tumor thing sucks - in plain Afrikaans! I get a big scare when that word is mentioned, so very relieved to hear that it is not a big thing. As to the next ship - I do have a suggestion! And no, it's not a Dutch ship.

Grant, buddy, that tumor thing sucks - in plain Afrikaans! I get a big scare when that word is mentioned, so very relieved to hear that it is not a big thing. As to the next ship - I do have a suggestion! And no, it's not a Dutch ship.
I'm curious to hear what your suggestion is lol

Also I would say between the two that I would go for the Endurance because I want to see what Grants Endurance comes out with!!

Safe recovery. The Cazador is a lot of fun and is a big kit when finished. Lots of opportunity for modifications. Be warned the rigging is very different to a Square rig and the belaying diagrams supplied are a challenge. The "super blocks" are fun to figure out. I really enjoyed it.

Good morning- you guys make me laugh!!. That is a very good thing indeed.

@Heinrich, @dockattner ,@Alexander74 , @rtibbs , @Nomad , @Robp1025 , @paulv1958 , @RogerD , @RDN1954 , @Daniel20 , Thanks for your well wishes and fantastic humour. Luckily the Doc (no not PaulROTF) says these tumors are mostly benign. They had to cut quickly as it was very close to my main nerve for the face and the only damage I have is I will have a lame ear- have an excuse not to listen anymore ROTF- so all good.:D

Cazador vs Endurance. Endurance got the vote. I need to check what materials etc will be needed for those Sirens as getting parts and supplies here are an issue. I have this urge to do historically correct cannons after reading Heinrich and Paul V logs so I have not written off the Cazador yet. I rather enjoy a rigging challenge as well and sails will be done so there is this nagging Cazador voice.

Enough waffle now- enjoy your Wednesday or what’s left of it. Cheers Grant

Cheers Grant
WOW! just caught up with your post and sorry to hear about the tumour. It's been removed so here's to a very speedy recovery. Stay safe, ride bikes, drink beer, make model ships and be happy. Cheers.

Back