Hohenzollernmodell 1660-1670 Scale 1/75 POF build by Stephan Kertész (Steef66)

Hello Stephan Mega great project you are starting. It's one thing to build a ship from a blueprint, but it's even more amazing to do it from your own blueprint. I take my hat off to you and look forward to many more posts from you.
Thanks Tobias for your kind words and visit.

@all thanks again for the likes and visit.

Today I can show you the stern beam ( achtersteven in Dutch).
It is made of 3 pieces of cherry wood. The difficulty was in getting the parts to fit together. And then, of course, the fact that the saw faces are 100% perpendicular to each other also plays a part.
A finishing of the parts with several layers of Clou still has to be done, as well as the black wood glue residues that are still visible here and there.
The photos speak for themselves.

IMG_3109.JPGIMG_3110.JPGIMG_3111.JPG

Below I show how I get the surface perpendicular.

IMG_3112.JPG

Took a while to get here:

IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3114.JPGIMG_3115.JPGIMG_3116.JPGIMG_3117.JPG

You can see a natural break grain in the wood here. This was black from the start, so it is not due to the black wood glue. I think it has something to it but probably won't be seen later.

IMG_3118.JPGIMG_3119.JPGIMG_3120.JPGIMG_3121.JPGIMG_3122.JPGIMG_3123.JPGIMG_3124.JPGIMG_3125.JPGIMG_3126.JPGIMG_3127.JPG

The big shape is in now, of course there will be cut-outs for the frames and the works.
Thanks for watching, next time the bow beam (voorsteven).

@all thanks again for the likes and visit.

Today I can show you the stern beam ( achtersteven in Dutch).
It is made of 3 pieces of cherry wood. The difficulty was in getting the parts to fit together. And then, of course, the fact that the saw faces are 100% perpendicular to each other also plays a part.
A finishing of the parts with several layers of Clou still has to be done, as well as the black wood glue residues that are still visible here and there.
The photos speak for themselves.

View attachment 358148View attachment 358149View attachment 358150

Below I show how I get the surface perpendicular.

View attachment 358151

Took a while to get here:

View attachment 358152View attachment 358153View attachment 358154View attachment 358155View attachment 358156

You can see a natural break grain in the wood here. This was black from the start, so it is not due to the black wood glue. I think it has something to it but probably won't be seen later.

View attachment 358157View attachment 358158View attachment 358159View attachment 358160View attachment 358161View attachment 358162View attachment 358163View attachment 358164View attachment 358165View attachment 358166

The big shape is in now, of course there will be cut-outs for the frames and the works.
Thanks for watching, next time the bow beam (voorsteven).
Dear Stephen
you have done wonderful work on the stern beam, thanks for the explanation & the pictures Thumbsup :)

Today I'm working on the 'voorsteven' (bow beam). I only got the 4 pieces of the galleon together. The next part wil be the bow beam. Witch contain a lashing in the middle. Something I wil make in the keel later on too. But in the keel they will be false On the bow it is a real one. difficult. I will show this next time.
Not so many pictures this time

IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3130.JPG

First I join these parts of the galleon

IMG_3128.jpg

Just needing some fine tuning, but the parts fit together and are already glued.

IMG_3132.JPG
IMG_3131.JPG

this one is for next time

IMG_3133.JPG

Thanks for watching

Ouch...I am such an ignoramus, apparently, tomorrow, New Orlean (USA) will host the such festival

Back to my ship, head out of the clouds of alcohol, fun and s....
Small update, wish I could show you more of this weekend, but my left hand is broken. The ring finger can't be straighten any more. Something to do with arteritis. Hurts a lot so we have to see the doctor this week. But my right hand is okay, just the speed a bit lower and we can go on. :)
The stem beam is in shape and can be join together with the galleon part. But first I have to make the join to the keel (kinnebak in Dutch)

IMG_3134.JPGIMG_3135.JPGIMG_3136.JPG

Cherry wood is a perfect wood to work with. Strong and perfect to form or sand. Only one problem with sanding, watch out when you use power sanding gear. Keep the speed low or do small pars at once. Cherry wood easily get burned. And when this happen the wood get very hard on that spot.

Thanks for the visit.

Very good result Stephan. And thanks for showing us your building methods in this way, very informative.
Sorry to hear about the problem(s) with your hand. Let's hope it heals quickly.
Thanks Herman for the compliment. And my hand, I'm not that concern about it. It will soon be over.

Back