La Santísima Trinidad 1797 / 1805

Dear Liberto
you are doing excellent work, and the results are beautiful + outstanding

Querido Liberto estás haciendo un trabajo excelente y los resultados son hermosos + sobresalientes :)ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Saludos compañeros… gracias a todos.

Paso Imágenes de la elaboración de los herrajes para las vigotas… estos cadenotes están realizados con varilla de latón de 0,8m/m

Greetings colleagues ... thank you all.
Step Images of the elaboration of the fittings for the beams… these chains are made with a 0,8m / m brass rod

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG

Ya seguiremos, cuidaros mucho… Liberto

We will continue, take good care of you ... Liberto

Last edited by a moderator:
Saludos cordiales:
Para la realización de este proyecto se ha partido de copias o de planos de época de autenticidad inducible, y correspondiente a su estado en 1797 justo antes de la batalla de San Vicente. En esa batalla la Santísima Trinidad resultó muy dañado y no se conoce con certeza las obras que hicieron de reparación en la popa y en la proa.
Los planos necesarios para el modelo que se esta realizando (escala 1/72) son obra de nuestro compañero Leopoldo García Echeveste, partiendo de los planos originales de 1797, y completados por dibujos de los alzados de proa y de popa hechos según su criterio a desde la vista lateral del casco, así como de otros planos de navíos de 112 cañones de la época correspondiente, planos del Museo Naval de Madrid
El dibujo de la peineta o coronamiento de popa es una conjetura del autor del proyecto basado en las formas que aparecen en la vista lateral.
Como podéis imaginar este proyecto es el resultado de varios meses de arduo trabajo de investigación, los planos han sido revisados, corregidos, y dibujados, tratando en todo momento de aproximar al máximo a la imagen que pudo ofrecer este emblemático navío en el período de tiempo comprendido entre la última reforma a la que fue a veces en la Carraca 1797 y su triste final en la Batalla de Trafalgar 1805.
Liberto

Translated by Google translate, modified by Jim

Greetings all:
In order to make this project more authentic I have obtained copies of period plans so the model looks her state in 1797 just before the battle of San Vicente. In that battle the Holy Trinity was very damaged and it is not known with certainty the works that made repair in the stern and in the bow.
The plans necessary for the model being made (1/72 scale) are the work of our partner Leopoldo García Echeveste, based on the original plans of 1797, and completed by drawings of the bow and stern elevations made according to his criteria from the side view of the hull, as well as other 112 cannon ship plans of the corresponding era, plans of the Naval Museum of Madrid
The drawing of the comb or stern crowning is a conjecture of the author of the project based on the forms that appear in the side view.
As you can imagine this project is the result of several months of arduous research work, the plans have been reviewed, corrected, and drawn, trying at all times to approximate the image that this emblematic ship could offer in the period of time comprised between the last reform to which it was sometimes in Carraca 1797 and its sad ending in the Battle of Trafalgar 1805.

Liberto
Hallo @Liberto
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hope to see soon some new progress on your Santísima Trinidad - amazing work Thumbsup

The binnacle is gorgeous. That said, were English and Spanish binnacles/bitacora at the time of the same rectangular cabinet style? I have been looking for a source of information on Spanish Binnacles (circa 1800) and come up empty so I am hoping you had a source for your binnacle!

The binnacle is gorgeous. That said, were English and Spanish binnacles/bitacora at the time of the same rectangular cabinet style? I have been looking for a source of information on Spanish Binnacles (circa 1800) and come up empty so I am hoping you had a source for your binnacle!
I fully agree - and it would be great to see an update of your amazing work ..... hope to see an update by @Liberto

Liberto:
Bienvenido a SOS, te saluda Julián desde Miami.
Your modeling skills are well beyond excellent.
Me encanta tu habilidad de recrear un modelo tan intrincado.
I just love your abilities to recreate such an intricate model.
Todos estamos ansiosos por seguir tu progreso en este bello navío histórico.
We are anxious to follow your build of this beautiful historical vessel.

NOW WE ARE TALKING.
Here is the works of a master solder .
Where were you when we started to talk about soldering?
Thank you for the pictures.

ASÍ ES COMO SE HACE.
Eres un maestro de soldadura.
Quizás nos quieras explicar como haces tu soldadura.
Que clase de metales usa?
Que tipo de soldadura y de flujo.
Que tipo de pistola de soldar?
Todo lo que se te ocurra.
Yo lo traduciré en Inglés para el resto de los muchachos.
Gracias

Saludos cordiales… espero que todos gocen de buena salud… disculpas por no contestar con más prontitud a vuestros mensajes…
Os envío imágenes de cómo esta mi Santísima Trinidad actualmente…

google translation:
Kind regards… I hope everyone is in good health… I apologize for not replying more quickly to your messages…
I send you images of how my Santísima Trinidad is currently ...

034.JPG001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG018.JPG019.JPG020.JPG021.JPG022.JPG023.JPG024.JPG025.JPG026.JPG027.JPG028.JPG029.JPG030.JPG031.JPG032.JPG033.JPG

Gracias Liberto

Saludos amigos... gracias a todos por compartir estas imagenes, para mi es muy gratificante.
Paso a continuación nuevas imágenes del espejo y jardines laterales de popa...
Ya seguiremos, cuidaros mucho... Liberto

Greetings friends ... thank you all for sharing these images, for me it is very gratifying.
Next step new images of the mirror and aft side gardens ...
We will continue, take care of you a lot ... Liberto

040.JPG035.JPG036.JPG037.JPG038.JPG039.JPG

She is looking soooo good - please show us more often some progress :cool:

Saludos Bluebeard, Uwek y gracias por los generosos comentarios que hacen de mi trabajo... gracias tambiéna los compañeros que en silencio visitan mi taller.
Estoy preparando los abitones de amurada para el alcázar…
Llaman la atención por su forma caprichosa, sobre todo el hexágono que se forma en la parte superior… y no es que sea muy complicado de hacer pero si es entretenido...
Me he servido con algunos listones redondos que conservo, para preparar
y hacer algunas pruebas para aproximar la plantilla ( pletina de hierro 1 m/m) con el palpador.
Los abitones están hechos con madera “marfil rojo” es algo dura pero se trabaja bien con el torno y fresa. He preparado un listoncito de 4x4m/m… los he cortado a 35m/m y a continuación, pasándose por el torno dejándolos a 3m/m… total 8 listoncito pero por precaución, he preparado 12 unidades… los soportes de peral.
Paso imágenes… Ya seguiremos Liberto

Greetings Bluebeard, Uwek and thank you for the generous comments you make about my work... thanks also to the colleagues who silently visit my workshop.
I am preparing the bulwark abitones for the alcazar....
They attract attention because of their whimsical shape, especially the hexagon that is formed at the top... and it is not that it is very complicated to make but it is entertaining...
I have made use of some round strips that I keep, to prepare
and to make some tests to approximate the template (iron plate 1 m/m) with the feeler.
The abitones are made with "red ivory" wood, it is a bit hard but it works well with the lathe and milling cutter. I have prepared a small strip of 4x4m/m... I have cut them to 35m/m and then, passing them through the lathe leaving them to 3m/m... total 8 small strip but as a precaution, I have prepared 12 units... the pear tree supports.
I pass images... We will continue Liberto

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG

Back