Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Those masts fit beautifully Adi - and they are tall, aren't they?
I guess Adi does not have here a photo already, therefore I would like shortly, if Adi agrees, give a link to one of my posts where you can see the masts in front of the sailplan of the Le Coureur - so you can get a feeling for the final look

Thanks for the likes and comments. The formast mast partner with the wedges is ready. Next was the chimney of the galley stove. Here I kept a little more to CAF variant, because I like the slightly steeper smoke outlet better.
Then the pumps should be installed, without forgeting that they are also provided with tension straps below deck. What a shock, I should not have installed the deck yet...... But with a lot of sweat it still worked.
Now I deal with the scuppers, which I think absolutely belong on the ship. According to Boudriot, they should end outboards above the wales, but this does not work properly with the otherwise non-existent slope.

Coureur_20220210_1.jpg

Coureur_20220210_2.jpg

Coureur_20220210_3.jpg

Coureur_20220210_4.jpg

Coureur_20220210_5.jpg

Coureur_20220210_6.jpg

Coureur_20220210_7.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back to your Courier build, it does look very good. The base for the chimney looks a bit thick to my eyes, but it may be just the angle of the photo you shoot. Will you add bolts to it?
Hallo Jim, yes this may be due to the angle as I photographed. I followed the dimensions from Boudriot's drawing exactly and bolts are not provided there.

Thanks for the likes and comments. The formast mast partner with the wedges is ready. Next was the chimney of the galley stove. Here I kept a little more to CAF variant, because I like the slightly steeper smoke outlet better.
Then the pumps should be installed, without forgeting that they are also provided with tension straps below deck. What a shock, I should not have installed the deck yet...... But with a lot of sweat it still worked.
Now I deal with the scuppers, which I think absolutely belong on the ship. According to Boudriot, they should end outboards above the wales, but this does not work properly with the otherwise non-existent slope.

View attachment 290112

View attachment 290113

View attachment 290114

View attachment 290115

View attachment 290116

View attachment 290117

View attachment 290118
Adi, hi. Your scuppers are somewhat high in relation to the deck. Is it like that on the drawings? And the scuppers, in my opinion, were installed at an angle to drain the water.

Hello Alexander and Frank, since I am building the same model and am also at the scuppers, I can tell you that the heights are different. It's probably the angle of the photograph.

Hello Alexander and Frank, since I am building the same model and am also at the scuppers, I can tell you that the heights are different. It's probably the angle of the photograph.
Hi Tobia, I hope it is the photo, otherwise it makes sense to keep them taller

Hallo Sascha, Frank and Tobias, to the blunt, the scuppers all have a slight downward angle. The problem with the rear 3 is, that the deck is almost the same height as the wales at this point. However , Boudriot shows that the scuppers should end above the wales. However, this cannot be realized because of the necessary inclination, so a recess had to be made at the wales, especially since the rearmost scupper has a larger diameter because of the pumps. See my last picture.
The diameters of all suppers are correct.

Coureur_20220214_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back