LE FLEURON. 1729. 1\48. KUDIN ANDREY.(YouTube)

Hello,

Yes, it's me who produced this monograph and a dozen others, some of which have been hacked by your compatriots...
It's true that it is not very correct to ask help from the author of a monograph that has required several years of work and financial investments for its study and manufacture. Editing a monograph is a real effort for a small author-publisher like me and seeing his work plundered by unscrupulous people cuts the desire to continue to share this hard-won knowledge.
But I imagine that it's not now that you will acquire the monograph and as your work has a good level, I send you the drawing of the 18-pounder gun.
Above all, remember, for your next model, that behind these drawings, there is people who work hard to put them at your disposal, so have a little respect for the authors of plans and monographs. Without that, there will be no more author to produce the basis of your work.
Print the pdf directly, it is scaled and the gun should measure 6.75 cm at 1/48

GD

Thank you, Gerard! Thank you for your efforts, through which beautiful models will be built! According to the drawings purchased or "lifted from the ground" ...

I hope to "repay a debt" with a video journal ... People will look, they will want to buy drawings and build a model on them ...

I do not make excuses and consider myself an honest and well-mannered person who understands that you have to pay for everything ...
I am sure - this is not necessary to teach me.

...My apologies that the drawings were not purchased, but taken from the free Internet... I wanted to buy, but failed....:(

There are different situations in life when we do not act as expected ... This is called - there is no choice!I can afford to buy high-quality drawings, thereby thanking the developer, but trying to register several times on the site ANCRE ... I chose to "take them from the ground"and get started, instead of figuring out why they were not registering me ...

I am grateful for the feedback about my work and willingness to help, but ... I did not ask for free help from the author. I asked if the author changed the error in the drawings that he distributes ... Why did I ask?
My friend , after seeing my construction site , 2 years ago purchased a monograph with drawings from ANCRE. I called him 30 minutes ago to find out; what's on his drawings and what year they are ... 1994. And they do not have 18 pounder guns ...

Tell me, Gerard ... Would I have avoided this error, if 3.5 years ago I could register and purchase the drawings from ANCRE? I think no...

However - I'm not upset! Before starting construction, I paid attention to this detail; unequal guns on the gondek ... And I thought: "Well, here are the French, well done! Unloaded the stern and nose, reducing the caliber of the 3 front and rear guns ..."

34131663964_b52f54a860_o.jpgDSCN2153.jpg

I decided to continue to build the model as it is drawn ... Let the mistakes be sought by descendants, and contemporaries enjoy.
And I am pleased to talk with a man whom I respect! ;)

Hello,
To finish with this deviation of the subject, a complementary plan of a 18-pounder gun is added to the monograph since 1998 when we detected this anomaly.
The presence of bronze cannons mixed with smaller iron cannons is not a question of weight but of the officer's rank. The higher the officer was, the more he was entitled to a large number of bronze guns that were very expensive at the time. The proportion was one-third, one-third bronze if the officer was a minor, two-thirds for an intermediate rank, and the whole bronze battery for a senior officer.
I find it damaging for the model not to represent The Fleuron in its "normal" configuration while the guns are not yet installed.
But it's your choice.
GD

Last edited:
Thanks Gerard for the cannon info. I have the Le Flouron book and the complete 74 gun series your work had inspired me to take out a mortgage to pay the books off lol One day I will build it but I been studying the 74 series and drawing up my own 74 gun just so that I totally understand how the thing is built. maybe next fall will start it. I got the timbering plans for the 74, all 4 of the 74 gun books and the Le Fleuron monographie all in one shot so I need to build it to justify the $1000 US I spent to get it

thanks Kudin I Was drawing up the 36 gun HMS Euryalus (1803) down in the cad section but with all the french ship activity on the forums compared to when I was doing it before now might be the right time to draw up the Le Fleuron plans. So I will delete the other thread and start a new one. I want to have an interactive 3D when finished that will help me and other modellers build. and will give me a reason not to jump in til rattlesnake is finished lol stop by.

Last edited:
Hello Andrey, first, i am a big fan from your work. Thank you for sharing us all your techniques.
I have a question. Which method do you use to let the brass black ? It´s burnishing ?
Thank you for your kind words, Oliver! ;) If you mean blackening liquid, then I use copper oxide ...
I think that in all blackening liquids with different names, copper oxide is used.
I buy it in a jewelery store.
The solution is highly concentrated and therefore diluted with water.
When the part turned black, I take off the plaque with a brass brush.IMG_3222.JPG

Hello,

Yes, it's me who produced this monograph and a dozen others, some of which have been hacked by your compatriots...
It's true that it is not very correct to ask help from the author of a monograph that has required several years of work and financial investments for its study and manufacture. Editing a monograph is a real effort for a small author-publisher like me and seeing his work plundered by unscrupulous people cuts the desire to continue to share this hard-won knowledge.
But I imagine that it's not now that you will acquire the monograph and as your work has a good level, I send you the drawing of the 18-pounder gun.
Above all, remember, for your next model, that behind these drawings, there is people who work hard to put them at your disposal, so have a little respect for the authors of plans and monographs. Without that, there will be no more author to produce the basis of your work.
Print the pdf directly, it is scaled and the gun should measure 6.75 cm at 1/48

GD

An answer from a gentleman.
Janos

Thanks Andrey,

I think we speak from the same liquid. I use this one here. But i clean the parts with aceton before they take her bath. This is very important.
But the surface isn´t reistant for scratches or any damage. With sandpaper or a brush you can damage or remove the black coating.
The copper oxide ist working very well ? How depth it works in the material ? You can sand it without remove it ?

Last edited:
The copper oxide ist working very well ? How depth it works in the material ? You can sand it without remove it ?
I think, Oliver, that everything depends on the concentration of the solution ...
If the solution blackens the part instantly - it is redundant ... And the blackening will fly off.
And if the part slowly dims and turns black within 5 minutes - this is what you need!
Withstands grinding with a brass brush.
I dilute the solution with plain water from a kitchen faucet ...

Back