LE ROCHEFORT - Harbour yacht from 1787 1:36 by Tobias (Monograph by ANCRE)

Hello dear friends of model making, the year is coming to an end and soon we will be in 2024. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the support and the trust shown by the admins and moderators. It's a good feeling to be a member of such a great community like SOS.

I wish everyone a blessed Christmas and a happy new year, stay healthy and keep your sense of humor. Kind regards, your Tobias.

IMG_1354.jpeg

Bonjour chers amis du modélisme, l'année touche à sa fin et bientôt nous serons en 2024. J'en profite pour vous remercier tous pour le soutien et la confiance témoignée par les administrateurs et modérateurs. C'est un sentiment agréable d'être membre d'une communauté aussi formidable que SOS.

Je souhaite à tous un joyeux Noël et une bonne année, restez en bonne santé et gardez votre sens de l'humour. Cordialement, votre Tobias.

View attachment 415901
Merci beaucoup et Joyeuses fêtes également à tout le monde:)))))

Good morning everyone, I wish you a Merry 2nd Christmas Day.

A little review:

Le Rochefort was launched a year ago today. I actually planned to keep an exact record of when and how long the construction time is in hours, but over time I have neglected my documentation and I can only estimate. I'm somewhere between 350 and 400 working hours, maybe more.

Construction will probably start in the next few weeks, so soon. I still have to get to the next section with La Palme as soon as my batteries are full again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LE ROCHEFORT.
IMG_1358.png

So my dear friends, see you soon on this construction site.

Good morning everyone, I wish you a Merry 2nd Christmas Day.

A little review:

Le Rochefort was launched a year ago today. I actually planned to keep an exact record of when and how long the construction time is in hours, but over time I have neglected my documentation and I can only estimate. I'm somewhere between 350 and 400 working hours, maybe more.

Construction will probably start in the next few weeks, so soon. I still have to get to the next section with La Palme as soon as my batteries are full again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LE ROCHEFORT.
View attachment 416427

So my dear friends, see you soon on this construction site.
Congratulations, Tobias. It’s now a ‘over-the-year-project’. :) Looking forward for the next year.
Regards, Peter

Hello dear colleagues,
in a few weeks I will take a break with La Palme and continue with Le Rochefort. Tonight I had a few plans for the rigging on my agenda and I sinned.

See for yourself, I went shopping.

IMG_1393.jpeg

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

See you again soon on this construction site.

You guys are really keeping me busy!

I'm going to be doing another full week of rope-making. I have to change out some of the bearings on my ropewalk next week as well. Some grinding sounds were coming from it today.

Tobias, Really sharp work on the ship. Scratch building honestly scares me a little.

Hello Ben @BenD , first of all a belated happy birthday and thank you for your words of appreciation. After reading so much about your ropes and the good quality, I had to buy one. I still have a long way to go before I get to rigging, but I will soon need a rope or two. As far as DIY goes this little harbor yacht is the perfect starter, no elaborate carvings, no guns and simple rigging.

Back