LE ROCHEFORT - Harbour yacht from 1787 1:36 by Tobias (Monograph by ANCRE)

Good evening everyone, Today I finished the rest of the stern, you can find the small fillers in the red circle in plan #5 under the letter F.

eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_10-07-29-3660PM.jpeg

This filler looks worse than it is, you have to mill it at 23.5 degrees .

IMG_6617.jpeg

eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_10-08-13-2570PM.jpeg

I also started with the arch, here the filler pieces are not at right angles so you have to adjust them a bit. The first plan was to build it outside with a template, I scrapped that plan and am now building it inside the jig.
eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_10-09-05-0850PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_10-09-33-2000PM.jpeg

Witaj
Pięknie zrobione i opisane ,będzie pomocne dla kolegów budujących ten model. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Beautifully done and described, it will be helpful for colleagues building this model. Regards, Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I got such beautiful plans.. less thinking, more building.
I love the look of the wood and your accuracy.
Hello Stephan, thank you, Ancre's plans and especially those of GD are really great.

Hi Tobias,

really nice work. Your hawse pieces are turning out very well. I am allways fascinated that you can focus on two such big projects in the same time.
Christian thank you too. I have to admit that both are very difficult, which is why everything that belongs to La Palme is cleared away when I'm working on Le Rochefort and vice versa, there's no other way.

Dear Tobias,
great work, Your small fillers are fitting into the ship smoothly:)Thumbsup
Witaj
Pięknie zrobione i opisane ,będzie pomocne dla kolegów budujących ten model. Pozdrawiam Mirek
Shota also a thank you to you as well as to you Mirek.

And of course thanks for all the likes.

Innanzi tutto Auguri Tobias.
Centomila complimenti per questo capolavoro. Mi sto preparando anch'io per la costruzione del Rocheforth. Nel senso che ho acquistato il libro la monografia e attrezzature varie. Una ventina di anni fa ho fatto la Prince della Amati dai disegni. Ora mi cimenterò sul Arsenale.
Volevo chiederti il legno (di pero),che misure e quantità dovrei comperare dal libro e monografia non trovo una lista o circa la quantità.
ti ringrazio se mi risponderai tu o chi volesse farlo.
Grazie e continua che sei molto professionale.
Roberto

First of all congratulations Tobias.
One hundred thousand compliments for this masterpiece. I too am preparing for the construction of the Rocheforth. In the sense that I bought the book, the monograph and various equipment. About twenty years ago I made the Prince of Amati from drawings. Now I will try my hand at the Arsenale.
I wanted to ask you about the wood (pear), what sizes and quantities I should buy from the book and monograph, I can't find a list or about the quantity.
I thank you if you or anyone who wants to answer me.
Thank you and continue that you are very professional.
Robert

Centomila complimenti per questo capolavoro. Mi sto preparando anch'io per la costruzione del Rocheforth. Nel senso che ho acquistato il libro la monografia e attrezzature varie. Una ventina di anni fa ho fatto la Prince della Amati dai disegni. Ora mi cimenterò sul Arsenale.
Volevo chiederti il legno (di pero),che misure e quantità dovrei comperare dal libro e monografia non trovo una lista o circa la quantità.
Roberto
In effetti, uno dei problemi dell'autocostruzione in arsenale (skills, spazio per l'atelier e attrezzatura a parte...) è la proprio la quantità e lo spessore delle tavole necessarie. Grande iniziativa, in ogni caso. Seguirò il lavoro con vivo interesse. Cordialità.

Indeed, one of the problems of self-construction in the arsenal (skills, space for the atelier and separate equipment...) is precisely the quantity and thickness of the boards needed. Great initiative, in any case. I will follow the work with keen interest. Friendliness.

Roberto

First of all congratulations Tobias.
One hundred thousand compliments for this masterpiece. I too am preparing for the construction of the Rocheforth. In the sense that I bought the book, the monograph and various equipment. About twenty years ago I made the Prince of Amati from drawings. Now I will try my hand at the Arsenale.
I wanted to ask you about the wood (pear), what sizes and quantities I should buy from the book and monograph, I can't find a list or about the quantity.
I thank you if you or anyone who wants to answer me.
Thank you and continue that you are very professional.
Robert
In effetti, uno dei problemi dell'autocostruzione in arsenale (skills, spazio per l'atelier e attrezzatura a parte...) è la proprio la quantità e lo spessore delle tavole necessarie. Grande iniziativa, in ogni caso. Seguirò il lavoro con vivo interesse. Cordialità.

Indeed, one of the problems of self-construction in the arsenal (skills, space for the atelier and separate equipment...) is precisely the quantity and thickness of the boards needed. Great initiative, in any case. I will follow the work with keen interest. Friendliness.
Hello Triestin and Albert,
first of all thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. In the arsenal construction, of course, there is more effort, especially when it comes to the machines and their acquisition. What kind of wood is used is always entirely up to you, whatever you like, that's a matter of taste. I use pear, American maple, castello and ebony or black hornbeam. You have to take the dimensions you need from the mono. At 1:36 the frame is 5.3mm thick, I needed 5 boards with 1000mm x 100mm x 5.5mm for all frames.
1 board of 1000mm x 100mm x 7mm for the keel.

Last edited:
Ciao Triestin e Roberto,
Prima di tutto grazie per le tue gentili parole, molto apprezzate. Nella costruzione dell'arsenale, ovviamente, c'è più sforzo, soprattutto quando si tratta delle macchine e della loro acquisizione. Che tipo di legno viene utilizzato dipende sempre interamente da te, qualunque cosa ti piaccia, è una questione di gusti. Io uso pera, acero americano, castello ed ebano o carpino nero. Devi prendere le dimensioni di cui hai bisogno dal mono. A 1:36 il telaio ha uno spessore di 5,3 mm, avevo bisogno di 5 schede con 1000 mm x 100 mm x 5,5 mm per tutti i fotogrammi.
1 tavola di 1000mm x 100mm x 7mm per la chiglia.
grazie della risposta. il posto dove fare i lavori lo ho. le attrezzature ho di tutto e di più (faccio modellismo dall'età di 11 anni con mio zio. adesso ne ho 55 solo che avevo dato via tutto e mi ero dato alla plastica adesso guardando vari post di facebook ,e vari forum mi è ripresa la voglia del legno in particolare modellismo d'arsenale. attualmente ho in lavoro la flying dutchman della occre. se mi appassionavo prima al arsenale i quasi 400€ li dedicavo alla costruzione d'arsenale.

thanks for your answer. I have the place to do the work. the equipment I have everything and more (I have been modeling since the age of 11 with my uncle. Now I am 55 only that I had given everything away and I had given myself to plastic now looking at various facebook posts, and various forums I recovered the desire for wood in particular arsenal modeling. I currently have the flying dutchman of occre at work. if I first became passionate about the arsenal, the almost 400 euros I would have dedicated to building an arsenal.

Today I had a little time to continue working on the bow. I have already adjusted the port side a little on the inside and checked the inside dimensions with my template and yes, I am quite satisfied so far. After scratching and sanding, you will see whether everything really fits.

eZy Watermark_18-05-2023_09-10-38-2990PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_18-05-2023_08-50-05-9650PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_18-05-2023_08-50-51-2310PM.jpeg

Back