Lougre le Coureur 1776 CAF Model by Chello

Hoi Chello
have you already decided the dimension of the window to leave in the inside planking?
from wich rib to wich one? starting from wich point from the keel?
have you any suggestion to give me?

Hi Sisco, funny you should ask me that as I was thinking about it myself. I’m not sure re the size of the “gap “ in the hull and other bits to leave out such as part of the decking. It’s tricky as I will have to think many steps ahead. What were you thinking?

I’m honoured but not a good idea lol. Seriously it would be good to think about it together. I’ll do some research, there are some good models online such as this one

I have seen that you have glued if I m not wrong the first 8 planks ..
It is so?
I have seen that Uwek has already made his choice but fronte the picture it is not clear
at list for me
perhaps he or caf night giovedì us some suggestion

Hoi Chello
have you already decided the dimension of the window to leave in the inside planking?
from wich rib to wich one? starting from wich point from the keel?
have you any suggestion to give me?
Now I understand your question with the window - you mean the window of the inner planking.
This is not a decision by the modeler, due to the fact, that the inner planking of the original ship was also not complete
In the midship area over this plank number 12, there was no planking!

Take a look at the monograph by Jean Boudriot, where this detail is shown exactly in one cross section
IMG-4923a.jpg
In the part over the red arrow, there is no planking also at the original ship!!

So this shown window on the CAF drawing is defined by the original ship and not by the modeler
IMG-4922a.jpg

thanks Uwek.
Now everything is much clearer to me.
I thought that the space left free in the internal planking was also linked to the choice of what to show inside
I don't have Jean Boudriot's monograph .. but it's at the top of the Christmas list!

thanks Uwek.
Now everything is much clearer to me.
I thought that the space left free in the internal planking was also linked to the choice of what to show inside
I don't have Jean Boudriot's monograph .. but it's at the top of the Christmas list!
For the 'window' from outside I guess you should leave out all the internal planks (e.g. at starboard side) except for the lower 12 planks

Had a few hrs today and I decided to finish the port side of the inner planking, including the dreaded inner stern planking. Besides feeling a bit strange in the head after having sniffed glue for a few hours ( have this strange urge to play psychedelic music ), I’m relatively happy with the job.
Few things to pick up from:
My upper bow planks did not overlap frame 12 and end up kinda halfway op frame 12
The dreaded stern planking was not that difficult and only had to adjust 1 plank a bit and add a very small stealer
This model requires sanding, a lot more sanding, enormous amounts of sanding and to finish off with a fine bit of sanding.
I brushed some water on the planks to see where I need to sand the glue residue off and where I want to use a bit of saw dust and glue (plenty of that piled around me) to fill some gaps.
I have to say although challenging for a newbie like me this model is so much fun to build.
Thanks for all the trailblazers for showing me the way.
I decided against psychedelic music but I will go out now and talk to a tree.
Maybe less glue next time.F390F8E2-FF8A-4293-8AE8-E742A60D4699.jpeg73856CB6-5D71-4DFE-95E2-B24AB7157C50.jpeg6F76BB22-FD43-48D6-AF83-3145D297EE32.jpegF77586F4-4C7B-41E7-AB03-A4B5AA08AC7D.jpegA0D513FB-2D6B-41C5-AEA5-9C73ED6ECCC0.jpeg

Looking very good my friend - great
and comparing you inner planking with mine - you can find similarities and also differencies - but we both closed the inner deck Thumbsup
F390F8E2-FF8A-4293-8AE8-E742A60D4699.jpeg

IMG-4943.jpg

I think the intention of the old shipwrights were also not different - "close it with the timber we have"

Looking very good my friend - great
and comparing you inner planking with mine - you can find similarities and also differencies - but we both closed the inner deck Thumbsup
View attachment 196258

View attachment 196259

I think the intention of the old shipwrights were also not different - "close it with the timber we have"
Hi Uwe,
This is the nice thing about this kit, many challenges but always solutions.

And?
Did you manage to remove the glue completely from the surface?
Have in mind, that most of the area - I think 90% - will be not visible any more.....
For this CAF produced the barrels and boxes ;)

Great building Chello and Uwe!
I like this ship very much and my fingers are itching to press the order button at CAF! :)
Greetings from once again foggy Upper Austria.
Hallo Christian,
do it and press the button - you will enjoy this kit by 100% - it is worth every cent

I just checked the waiting list for the Alert and I am pretty at the end of the line :(
So a small click would help me through the waiting time :D
Hi Gebirgmarine, a question for you.. just to have a rough idea " How long is the waiting list ? How long did you wait to receive the kit of Alert once you have "pushed the botton " ? "

Back