Lougre le Coureur 1776 CAF Model by Chello

Your hull with the interior planking is looking very good - Keep going on with this good quality work Thumbsup

Anyone got a clue about how to use the door View attachment 205292hinges? They look odd and I can’t figure out how to use them.....
Hallo my friend,
I do not have the manual with me, and also can not find a photo of this part of the manual...... but there is in one of the sketches shown, how the hinges "R1-16" are made. I think out of three parts, but can be wrong. Definitely yours are wrong - check once more the manual! Somewhere on page 2 or 3 of the interior works

Last edited:
Anyone got a clue about how to use the door hinges? They look odd and I can’t figure out how to use them.....
Manual page 9:
View attachment 205378Did you threat the bulkhead with stain or something?
Where did you find the door handle? Scratch build from brass wire?
Hi Poul, yes treated the areas that do not need glue just to see how it looked with tung oil. Thanks for the hinge thing ( must have overlooked them) but to be honest, I don’t like them and they look well out of proportion so I’ll fabricate my own. Doorknob is like @Uwek says a nail head and I used some transparent sheets for the glass. I have done the bulkheads and it’s really rewarding and calming work. I have started with the planking ( did the stern) and enjoying the work. It requires a methodical and measured approach so my patience will be tested, particularly as I plan to use woodglue only

The clinker planking is not easy to do for a newbie like me but thoroughly enjoyable. Every time I take a plank out of the sheet (takes me 10 min in average to locate it in the manual) I think “how on earth will this fit, it looks all wrong”!?. But after a bit of filing, bevelling, soaking, bending and twisting it does fit. Easy does it ( broke one plank already) but it is taking shape.
I will use the CAF planking on the exposed side.
4C3467D2-926D-47A6-88CC-5A01B89745B3.jpeg04971B38-7F76-44A6-8513-508FF397C65C.jpeg92F8B770-E00F-45BD-B522-D6C2FD4519B4.jpeg

Quick question Chello........... do strips #25b and 25c lay flush to the keel ? Mine would need a bit of cutting in to do so, otherwise they will have a tilt or slant as they rest upon the center frames .

The option Etienne Piette uses in his model seems more in scale and appropriate for door hinges. The ones CAF provide appear more suited for a chest or box

View attachment 205398
Short comment to this example - you are right, but keep in mind, that this model is double big than ours - it is scale 1:24 !!!

The clinker planking is not easy to do for a newbie like me but thoroughly enjoyable. Every time I take a plank out of the sheet (takes me 10 min in average to locate it in the manual) I think “how on earth will this fit, it looks all wrong”!?. But after a bit of filing, bevelling, soaking, bending and twisting it does fit. Easy does it ( broke one plank already) but it is taking shape.
I will use the CAF planking on the exposed side.
You are doing a very good job on the planking - Looking really good
and with some experience with several rows it will get easier and faster - it is a question of routine Thumbsup

Short comment to this example - you are right, but keep in mind, that this model is double big than ours - it is scale 1:24 !!!

You are doing a very good job on the planking - Looking really good
and with some experience with several rows it will get easier and faster - it is a question of routine Thumbsup
From row 18 the planking becomes easier indeed

Slow progress..... and loads of cleaning and sanding to be done but we are getting there without serious problems. Now that the Wales are getting closer I was wondering what people’s plans were, staining, painting, leaving it natural? I don’t want to use black but was thinking a very dark oak or smokehouse stain that will still show the wood grain.
DA6373FE-A175-4D4A-BF0A-0FC70C831960.jpeg

Back