Modelship Dockyard - New Kit [Modelship Dockyard] PoF H.M.S. Enterprize 1774, the 1/48 version!

Hi folks, this is Victor from Modelship Dockyard. First of all I want to wish you all, a happy Chinese/Lunar new year! It’s the year of Loong (Dragon). I know a lot of you are waiting, i’ve received many messages and emails about this kit. Now, as a “festival gift”, I’m now bringing you guys the 1/48 PoF HMS Enterprise 1774.

We released the 1/96 Enterprise a while ago, and have sold over 200 kits world wide.
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/pof-1-96-h-m-s-enterprize-1774-by-modelship-dockyard.12153

But we realised that many of you not satisfied with the delicate guy, we have received multiple feedback, they want something LARGE. Well who don’t want a big one? We will get you satisfied! Also, unlike the 1/96 version or the previous Blandford kit, we will be providing rigging, to fill the regrets of those who want to have them on. Now without further ado, let’s jump into it.
Hallo Victor alias @Modelship Dockyard
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

The kit is almost ready, we have ordered the timbers and will start the production next week.
At the meantime we are working hard to perfect the instructions, and adding more details to the printed drawings as well.
We have seen players' enthusiasm for the Enterprise, and we don't want to let anyone down!

For the prices many players want to know, the kit will be released in two sections, the hull and the rigging.

The first section will be including all the structures and fitting in pearwood, carving in boxwood, printed drawings, and some other materials to complete the details, which will include: Brass PE, Brass cannons, Blocks and threads for the cannons, and some 3D printed parts such as the galley (the body only, details will be using PE to complete).
The price of this standard version will be 1000-1150 USD, and we might be providing a version with 3D carvings which will be roughly 150 USD cheaper, thus 850-1000 USD, but we are still deciding on this.

The rigging part will be reasing later this year, which will be including the masts, spars, threads, and blocks to make full rigging (i.e. sails rigging included). We will leave the details to later as we progress the development to the rigging part.

I'm ready and excited to hear what the two other kits are as well ! :D

Jeff
The two other kits are two smaller projects, we will not be posting long developing posts for those two kit., instead they will be releasing directly.
They are both ready now, very little translation work still required before metting all players.

I'm ready and excited to hear what the two other kits are as well ! :D

Jeff
Yep, It's June 15th....waiting for the release(s) as well---patience, patience.....Of course, I have multiple boxes of other projects sitting on shelves..in addition to the CAF Enterprise and Le Coureur that are both about 90% finished, and Alert-80% finished. The Rosas shipyard moves slowly on several projects at once...It's a madness.
IF the other release is the French Le Fleuron I will have a hard time deciding !! The only other French ship I''ve built (almost completed) is is Le Coureur, but a ship of the line would be superb...
Is there going to be a sign-up list ?

Alex

Yep, It's June 15th....waiting for the release(s) as well---patience, patience.....Of course, I have multiple boxes of other projects sitting on shelves..in addition to the CAF Enterprise and Le Coureur that are both about 90% finished, and Alert-80% finished. The Rosas shipyard moves slowly on several projects at once...It's a madness.
IF the other release is the French Le Fleuron I will have a hard time deciding !! The only other French ship I''ve built (almost completed) is is Le Coureur, but a ship of the line would be superb...

Alex
Sorry, my previous post's questions had been answered already.

Alex

Hi Alex ,can you show us your builds?I am pretty sure many would be interested to see them.

Hi Alex ,can you show us your builds?I am pretty sure many would be interested to see them.
Hi Zoly. Sorry about the late response. My Enterprise, Coureur, and Alert are in Houston - I am in our summer home in Utah until September. I'll post a progress report on all these in the fall after I return to Houston and pick them up again. I just finished setting up a model shop here in my Utah house, and will start a new project next week: The cross section of the bomb vessel Granado.
I get it from the discussion with Victor that the new 1:48 Enterprise will be available really soon, and that the Le Fleuron will be released later this year. I will for sure order one of these. Le Fleuron looks like it will be a superb model. It will be hard to choose between Enterprise an Fleuron !! (maybe both ??) My shelves are getting full, and my French has always exceeded my grasp...I will need to live to more than 100 years old to finish everything...I'm 70 now..and loving it...
thanks
Alex Rosas

Back