NORWAY`S HMS BLANDFORD CROSS SECTION BUILD 1-32

Thanks Dave, I'm showing now -
Preparation of parts Lower deck.
I have left a lot of meat around the lines on the pattern to have the ability to adjust.
Hanging knees will be made from my own design as they do not quite fit the plan.
beams strikes (1).jpgbeams strikes (2).jpgbeams strikes (3).jpg

Thanks friends, I have today started to customize the parts, it is a big challenge since my lower deck is wider, then the one on the
plans, it will definitely be a bit of a cheat to make everything fit.
You are not finished learning until you have learned how to cheat, said an old carpenter.

No two ships were identical in the real world and no two models are the same in our world of ship models, kits or scratch builds. Plans have errors people make mistakes it is how you overcome these difficulties that make ship modeling interesting.

Your model shows very fine craftmanship and will be a nice addition to your collection. The experience you acquired with this project will be helpful with all your future projects.

Mike

To mark where the next sections should be, I made a mini angle for this purpose.
d (1).jpgd (2).jpgd (3).jpgd (4).jpgnedre (3).jpgnedre (4).jpgnedre (5).jpg
Now some beams and two fill blocks remain in the middle of the deck and planing, before I glue it all in place.
I got this one from Santa, probably because I have been very kind.
Proxxon pensander.jpg
Regards-

Blandford out of jig for the first time, and lower deck finished but not finely tuned and glued in place. dry mounted.
oute (1).jpgoute (2).jpgoute (3).jpgoute (4).jpgoute (5).jpgoute (6).jpg
The next task will be sanding / decorating, all under the lower deck, and apply a layer of poly.
Then there will be fine tuning of lower deck, glue in place mast foot, shootlocker, pillars then glue deck in place in the end.
Regards-

Back