New design POF HMS Blandford 1720 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard

That’s a bit of a stylized transom isn’t it? Is that for ease of building or does that follow the original design?

The frames structure is looking very good - also congratulations to the modeler - very accurate done
The transom structure was technically slightly different in the original ship, better what is hown in the Anatomy book (page 42)

The frames structure is looking very good - also congratulations to the modeler - very accurate done
The transom structure was technically slightly different in the original ship, better what is hown in the Anatomy book (page 42)

Yeah we did made some simplifications to the frames, the original one was hard to realise on kits.

Looking very good - very clean and accurate - your test modeler is doing a very good job on the model
With premade nails please take into account, that not all modelers are working so accurate. Especially on the hullplanking it could happen, that than the nails are shifted away from the frames. and if this happens only on one planking level you will see this problem very much. On stern, deck etc. it will not happen so easily, but with the hull planking and wales - maybe
But for this you will have the best knowledge and feeling, how in-accurate a modeler could work on your model.....
BTW: I like you very slight contrast between the planks and the treenails - looking very good Thumbsup

Not only a update day for "the swan", Blandford as well!

As always, thanks you guys for supporting, I've tested the premade nails, indeed, the are some problems, but I hope I can work it out.

The update for this model is nearly over cus the modeler didn't finish it, may be 5-6 more updates and it will reach a end. Our new pliot model is working well and we will make some updates after. The contents will be mianly focus on the new changes rather than all the working process(since you folks already seen it for once).

Some more pics:

IMG_5336.JPGIMG_5337.JPGIMG_5349.JPGIMG_5350.JPGIMG_5351.JPGIMG_5397.JPGIMG_5398.JPGIMG_5476.JPG

Very accurate work - I like the details of your deck structure work, like laying and hanging knees etc.
For me such laying knees are looking strange, but they are stiffening either the mast partners and also the fore mast bitts which will be installed in the notch later on
IMG_5512.JPG

Really very good work on this development and research - and very good work / execution on this test model !!!

Last edited:
В процессе проектирования мы действительно использовали «Анатомию», «Английский человек войны 1650-1850» и «Вооружение и снаряжение» и т. Д. В качестве справочника. В основном на основе плана NMM, и сейчас мы получаем лицензию.

Упрощенные ребра. Обратите внимание, что ребра в комплекте не такие, это просто демонстрация:
А модель корабля будет с мачтой и такелажем или без?

Back