POF La Palme (L'Amarante) Corvette 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph) by Tobias

@Tobias, How did you color the bolts, before or after assembly, possible you can show, how to fix this, BDW, exciting building log you have, follow your records when they come, Regards Knut-

Hello Knut I colour them very carefully with the tip of a toothpick and only a little of the burnishing agent after installation. However, it is dangerous that the wood draws the colour.

@Hoss6262 I drill a 0.7mm hole and then carefully insert the 0.6mm square wire with pliers and a small hammer. I cut the wire beforehand to approx. 11-12mm, the frame has 9mm on both sides, it is then filed flat.

ACA7ADDF-B9B4-4BE4-BB12-B6400024AACE.jpeg

6692100B-CBF3-4F1E-9ED3-644735C1DC10.jpeg

According to the plans of the monograph, the square bolt should only be 0.4mm. When I asked GD, the author of the monograph, the bolt was 0.4mm, but there was still a washer sunk into the wood and flush with the wood, the end was a little thicker and would protrude a little over the wood. @Olivers Historic Shipyard did that very well in the construction diary of his Redoutable.

@archjofo thank you for your compliment, I'll do my best. Johann much appreciated.

Day 2:
Measure the hole pattern of the frame exactly, mark, drill holes, insert bolts, file off bolts (first use a file, smooth with 240 grit sandpaper and then polish with abrasive wool), blacken bolts and then come the upper tree nails at the end.
Exactly in that order. Working time per frame about 1 hour. I've definitely been busy for a very long time.
If we now imagine the following:
You won't see half of it because it disappears under the planks and the other half will probably be cut away if I open the side, i.e. 3 frames then a whole one again, etc. But I know that they are there ROTF.
Well we'll see.
Thank you all again for all the likes and comments, you are a great support.

84F42974-6595-4EC7-8852-8D2B2A3722E4.jpeg

D741C62F-71A4-4CFE-9E27-E0F5F42411A6.jpeg

Day 2:
Measure the hole pattern of the frame exactly, mark, drill holes, insert bolts, file off bolts (first use a file, smooth with 240 grit sandpaper and then polish with abrasive wool), blacken bolts and then come the upper tree nails at the end.
Exactly in that order. Working time per frame about 1 hour. I've definitely been busy for a very long time.
If we now imagine the following:
You won't see half of it because it disappears under the planks and the other half will probably be cut away if I open the side, i.e. 3 frames then a whole one again, etc. But I know that they are there ROTF.
Well we'll see.
Thank you all again for all the likes and comments, you are a great support.

View attachment 317086

View attachment 317087
Dear Tobias,
the frames looks wonderful , I admire your Accurate and beautiful woodwork. Okay :)

Nothing special, but I think it works well. I decided to leave out the tree nails in the upper area and also work with the bolts there where there are no gunports. According to GD, original bolts are also attached here and not tree nails. It says so in the monograph to facilitate the omissions.

FD4B9248-A8F3-48BF-9A7F-D24EF5164D55.jpeg

844F5833-D241-45C0-B74A-79B355048CAA.jpeg

Back