POF L'Amarante Corvette de 12 canons 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph- Gérard Delacroix) By Shota

I am really proud, my friend! Your skills are progressing fast. Hawse timbers are not an easy part to make, but you did a very good job!
thank you very much my dear friend for your kind words and compliments :)
merry Christmas and Happy new year for you and your family

‏good morning dear my friends
Today I have reached an important milestone in the process of building the hull :)
I completed the assembly and connection of the keel parts along with the bow and stern and they were put into the jig in good time. Connecting all the parts requires adjustments and precision to make sure the keel remains straight and accurate throughout.
The next step in the construction will be the preparation of the frames, which are about 51 of them.

Wishing everyone a lovely and enjoyable day and weekend
20231113_233919.jpg20231118_154345.jpg20231209_155332.jpg20231219_005900.jpg20231221_015705.jpg20231221_020240.jpg20231221_020406.jpg20231221_020453.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Shota, fantastic.
I'm glad to see that you've made good progress and the result is just great. Well, as Uwe already said, now comes the somewhat more boring and very monotonous part: the 54 frames. If you do an average of 3-5 frames a day, you're doing well. Take your time with it.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas in these very troubled times.
Kind regards Tobias

Hi Shota, fantastic.
I'm glad to see that you've made good progress and the result is just great. Well, as Uwe already said, now comes the somewhat more boring and very monotonous part: the 54 frames. If you do an average of 3-5 frames a day, you're doing well. Take your time with it.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas in these very troubled times.
Kind regards Tobias
Tobias my dear friend
Thank you very much for the kind words and compliments, I believe that my capacity will be between 3-4 frames per week at best, because I am busy with work and with the family and also the general situation in my country affects the general desire.
I regard the stage of creating the frames as important in construction in order to obtain the correct and exact configuration for the ship's hull, despite the monotony.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and that we will be able to meet at one of the conferences in 2024 :)

Last edited:
The most complicated parts are done - now you have to start with the "boring" frames
Very good work and progress
thank you very much my dear friend Uwek, I'm doing my best :)
I like the process of preparing the frames even if it is little bit monotony.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and that we will be able to meet at one of the conferences in 2024 with the good Friends

They say the boring work starts now. But working with wood boring? At least the 2 most difficult parts on the hul are ready and they are very well done my friend. It looks great. Keep up the good work and enjoy family and friends during these days. They are the most important in these hard times. There is no day I don't think about the difficulty in your country. ;)

They say the boring work starts now. But working with wood boring? At least the 2 most difficult parts on the hul are ready and they are very well done my friend. It looks great. Keep up the good work and enjoy family and friends during these days. They are the most important in these hard times. There is no day I don't think about the difficulty in your country. ;)
Thank you very much for the warm and encouraging words my dear friend :) , we are a strong nation that seeks peace and will protect itself together with the support of the enlightened world.
I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Hello dear friends
First I would like to wish everyone a happy new year to all of us, may it be a year of peace between all humans and of humanity and kindness.
After 11 days since the last update I wish to inform you about the progress in the process of creating the model.
First I started making the frames from both directions (bow and stern) towards the center of the hull. Therefore, I began to produce fra 2-7 in the bow area as well as 51-48 in the stern area.
In the photos that I am attaching you can see the parts of each rib on the wooden boards before sawing and after it and after the initial sanding.
If I'm not mistaken, I made about 135 pieces that would make up 10 frames (my wife claims that in the end I make parts for a three-dimensional puzzle :D).
I am happy to announce that this time I introduced a new machine in the process of preparing the parts of the frames, I integrated the ATOMSTACK A5 M40 Laser Engraving Machine.

The process for this purpose is not tcomplex , scan the drawings of the frames, draw the outlines of the frame parts and let the machine cut similar to a saw, only the difference is in the means of cutting and that we are not required to cut each part by hand.
The working times on each method are quite similar . I will combine them to gain the required precision of the parts.I use LightBurn software for the design and burning process. I applied the process of working with the Laser Engraving Machine to frame number 7.
In the last day I glued the parts of frames 51 and 2 and later this week I will glue and sand the rest of the ribs.

Until then I wish you all an enjoyable holiday:)

20231229_144958.jpg20231229_170115.jpg20231230_162251.jpg20231230_162438.jpg20231230_165445.jpg20231231_190213.jpg20231231_194442.jpg20231231_194515.jpg20231231_231012.jpg20231231_233354.jpg20240101_065710.jpg20240101_065617.jpg

View attachment 20231231_191452.mp4

Witaj
Drogi Shoto fajnie że potrafisz wykorzystać nowoczesne maszyny i technologie będzie Ci dużo łatwiej. Robisz piękny model .Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Dear Shoto nice that you are able to use modern machines and technology it will be much easier for you. You make a beautiful model .Happy New Year. Greetings Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Witaj
Drogi Shoto fajnie że potrafisz wykorzystać nowoczesne maszyny i technologie będzie Ci dużo łatwiej. Robisz piękny model .Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku. Pozdrawiam Mirek
Dziękuję bardzo drogi przyjacielu za miłe słowa i Tobie również życzę szczęśliwego nowego roku:)

Thank you very much dear friend for the kind words and a happy new year to you too :)

Happy New Year Shota, a nice device that makes the work a lot easier and the result looks very good.
Dear Tobias
Thank you very much my dear friend for blackening and kind words.
happy new year to you too :)

Happy Ney Year, Shota.

Be careful with such a machine. You need a really good air condition for this. The smoke is not healthy.
For prepareing the parts you have to add extra "meet" to correct later small inaccuracies during the installation and if the laser runs on the centerline meet for the thickness of the laser.
Really interesting technique. I use an CNC mill for my cutting proce since last year. I wish you a lot of fun with your laser.

Excellent Shota.
How about sanding this burnt wood in relation to the dimensions of the plan? Isn't too much wood falling off? Is it not necessary to add a few percent more surface area to be sanded?

Excellent Shota.
How about sanding this burnt wood in relation to the dimensions of the plan? Isn't too much wood falling off? Is it not necessary to add a few percent more surface area to be sanded?
Happy Ney Year, Shota.

Be careful with such a machine. You need a really good air condition for this. The smoke is not healthy.
For prepareing the parts you have to add extra "meet" to correct later small inaccuracies during the installation and if the laser runs on the centerline meet for the thickness of the laser.
Really interesting technique. I use an CNC mill for my cutting proce since last year. I wish you a lot of fun with your laser.
My Dear Friends, Thank you for the things you teach me, including the necessary precautions. You are right, you do need to add space when marking the contours because the laser removes raw material from the wood in the burning area.

Back