Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

Thank you very much friends, but leave it on your head.. :)

I will not paint the mane yellow, yellow is not on the hull. The overall red looks good too, I was looking for where it went ..o_O

Holandká galeona v boji.jpg
historical picture..

RL Polsko muzeum.jpg
model R.L. from the Gdańsk Museum..

Duyfken.jpg
replica Duyfken..

So oil patina awaits me, I wonder how it will go..Explosion Otherwise, this facial expression is enough for me, I'm glad that I gradually created a lion out of a sheep..ROTF

Otherwise it was a carving test for the next unpainted model Aurore 1697, here is a photo from the monograph.

monographie-fregate-legere-l-aurore-1697.jpg

With the sides installed, the galleon/beakhead part of the build seems to have gained a great deal of "depth" not even to mention character. But I am surprised by the color scheme which is in sharp contrast to the rest.

With the sides installed, the galleon/beakhead part of the build seems to have gained a great deal of "depth" not even to mention character. But I am surprised by the color scheme which is in sharp contrast to the rest.
Greetings Heinrich. It is an even older type of galion with side plates, followed by a much nicer and more decorative galion. I was thinking of another color variant, such as red..

RL kloun.jpg

...but the black belts match the black belts on the stern of the boat and the color comes to me more balanced for the eye ..
o_O Question-Mark

nový image.JPG

red variant..Question-Mark

red variant.JPG

Ooooh, Ondras I don't know about the red. To me that is just too much red then - also the lion will not form such a nice contrast to the ship. The black and white certainly do not look out of place, but what about darker wood triangles on a lighter wooden background. That way you maintain the all-wooden look and everything will blend in perfectly.

Sometimes it is really hard to find a best way for a good temporary fixing of the parts until the glue is hardened.
You found a very innovative and inventive solution - did you test it before without glue? :cool:
Very good work ....

Wow!
Really beautiful head gratings!
It's so neat and clean work.

You have really great attention details... so can't wait to see more... especially to see your approach to rigging.
Might be challenging, because there are no high detailed rigging plans for RL... so it will be a lot of research I believe to do it right ;)

Cheers,
Matt

Hello Ondras. You have been very quiet for a long time. I miss you and your beautiful Roter Lowe. Are there any updates? I trust that everything is fine.

Back