Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

Yes it looks very elegant. I did it on my Spanish Galleon but the proportions where not okay. Yours is perfect.

Very fine and as usual very accurate work - I like the view on the balcony with rudder - very good work

Thank you all very much for the feedback, friends.:)Thumbsup I thank everyone for the like..Okay

I want to finish the rudder before placing the model on the final stand.
After a longer time of soldering hinges ..

pájení na desce (1).JPG

pájení na desce (2).JPG

tvarování pantů (2).JPG

Ready for cleaning and blackening..

kování před čištěním a černěním (1).JPG

kování před čištěním a černěním (2).JPG

I found that cleaning with nitric acid must be done carefully, 0.2 mm sheet metal and tubes with a wall of 0.1 mm are terribly tricky, especially the tubes can be quickly etched by acid .. I had to replace one.. :eek:

nová trubička (1).JPG

Thank you very much friends !! I thank everyone for the like.. :)

So in the end, the rudder hinges, which I made from a weak material, were damaged by the acid so that they could not be used, they softened completely.. o_O I made new 0.3 mm thick sheet metal and 1.3 / 0.2 tubes..

řezání plechu 0,3 mm.JPG

letování nových pantů (3).JPG

přesné ohýbání.JPG

frézování dírek pantů.JPG

Extra work, but in the end the hinges are 100% better than the first.. Explosion

staré a nové panty...JPG

Rudder hinges placed..

přibíjení pantů kormidla (2).JPG

hotové panty (1).JPG

hotové panty (2).JPG

Thank you very much friends !! I thank everyone for the like.. :)

So in the end, the rudder hinges, which I made from a weak material, were damaged by the acid so that they could not be used, they softened completely.. o_O I made new 0.3 mm thick sheet metal and 1.3 / 0.2 tubes..

View attachment 297657

View attachment 297653

View attachment 297655

View attachment 297650

Extra work, but in the end the hinges are 100% better than the first.. Explosion

View attachment 297658

Rudder hinges placed..

View attachment 297656

View attachment 297651

View attachment 297652
Are the hinge pins soldered to their strapping? Or glued? Beautiful work by the way!

Thank you very much for your feedback. :)

the hinge pins soldered to their strapping? Or glued? Beautiful work by the way!
Yes, these stressed joints are soldered with silver paste. It is ideal to be black as well as stain-free brass.

nová trubička (1).JPG

letování nových pantů (1).JPG

letování nových pantů (2).JPG

Soldering is a fear at first, but when the system is touched so that the material doesn't burn, it just joins, it's very nice. I recommend, I solder only with cheap Kemper pencil solder and ok. Thumbsup

Back