Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

Thank you very much friends, but leave it on your head.. :)

I will not paint the mane yellow, yellow is not on the hull. The overall red looks good too, I was looking for where it went ..o_O

View attachment 240830
historical picture..

View attachment 240831
model R.L. from the Gdańsk Museum..

View attachment 240829
replica Duyfken..

So oil patina awaits me, I wonder how it will go..Explosion Otherwise, this facial expression is enough for me, I'm glad that I gradually created a lion out of a sheep..ROTF

Otherwise it was a carving test for the next unpainted model Aurore 1697, here is a photo from the monograph.

View attachment 240828
Another tough looking lion. . . we need to keep them apart and peace abounding! Rich (PT_2) ;)

Thank you very much for the kind words and like .. :)

I continue on the galion. Making head rails... o_O

View attachment 279590

View attachment 279591

View attachment 279588

View attachment 279592

View attachment 279594

The years of wood betrayed me while sanding. It could be glued..:eek:

View attachment 279593

I carefully place ..

View attachment 279595

View attachment 279596

View attachment 279589
Your rails are very well carved, scarfed together, and mounted. I only see clean precise work as 2021 is under the keel and 2022 is just head on the bowline & cutwater. Rich

Dear Ondras. That is the first time I have seen a builder go to the detail of scarph-jointing the head rails. That looks absolutely superb and well worthy of your build! A very happy and healthy New Year to you and your family as well.

Very good work my friend - and the final result is looking so accurate - Bravo

Thank you very much for the kind words and like .. :)

I continue on the galion. Making head rails... o_O

View attachment 279590

View attachment 279591

View attachment 279588

View attachment 279592

View attachment 279594

The years of wood betrayed me while sanding. It could be glued..:eek:

View attachment 279593

I carefully place ..

View attachment 279595

View attachment 279596

View attachment 279589
Looking back once again, (1.11.22) this is a great way to enter into 2022. Thanks for the work and eye-candy. RIch (PT-2)

Ondras, I have two questions:

1. You Roter Lowe has not been aged or weathered in any way up to this point. May I ask why you are patinating certain elements now?
2. What do use the lighter fluid for?

Ondras, I have two questions:

1. You Roter Lowe has not been aged or weathered in any way up to this point. May I ask why you are patinating certain elements now?
2. What do use the lighter fluid for?
Greetings Heinrich.

ad1 - Patination is necessary. Without it, all the details will be lost in the light.

ad2 - Zippo lighter petrol is used as a quick oil paint thinner on model forums.

Back