Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

Good to see, that your way to the result is also not everytime perfect and mistakes could happen.
Important is, that the final result is good - yours is looking perfect !!

You have started work on the most important part of the ship - the actual name! I am sure that you will make a great success of it, Ondras.
Thank you very much for your trust Heinrich..;)
Good luck with lion :)
I was carving mine 2 days ROTF ROTF

...by the way why beechwood not pear?
Are you planning to paint the figurehead?
Thank you Mati, your lion is my role model !! Now ready workplace with views of the lion replica Batavia.. Yes, the lion will be red, according to the name of the ship. It must match the other colors of the ship. Working from wood is a preparation for another already unpainted model.. :)
příprava na lva. (1).JPG

příprava na lva. (2).JPG

Maybe also to get some inspirations, take a look at this topic

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I studied !! Thumbs-Up

Beech is probably not an ideal wood for carving, but the figure will be painted, so maybe it doesn't matter so much. I had no other hardwood..

Gradual shaping of anatomy by milling machine..Exclamation-Mark

frézování lva (1).JPG

frézování lva (4).JPG

frézování lva (5).JPG

There will still be a lot of shaping, but the proportions fit..o_O

frézování lva (7).JPG

frézování lva (8).JPG

frézování lva (9).JPG

Your lion started - as I know the best results you will acchieve without hurry - the lion should grow slowly.
When I remember the discussions and talks about Peter´s lion on his HMS St.Albans
- here Willi alias @schifferlbauer gave direct hints and tipps - maybe also with yours ......

The lion is shaping up beautifully, Ondras! You are onto a winner here! Please take all the time you need.

Ondras, just a great build! Well done. I like your approaches to tackling details for a uniform appearance. You have given me some ideas for problem solving some issues I will soon face.

The painting of the geometric shapes, were these for recognition in battle or purely ornamental?

Thank you very much Heinrich and Paulpk. Thanks for the like..:)

The fight with the lion is still ongoing. Gradually in several steps the shape is rounded and slimmed..

předposlední fáze lva (1).JPG

Now comes the spray with a primer, followed by red..

hotový lev v základu (3).jpg

předposlední fáze lva (2).JPG

předposlední fáze lva (3).JPG

And a test on a ship..Explosion

bílý lev na přídi (2).JPG

bílý lev na přídi (1).JPG

The answer for Paulpk. Geometric ornaments were the decoration of less affluent lands and rulers..Banknote-USD

Thank you very much Stephan..:)

The words of a sculptor I read still ring in my ears. He said he had not created the statue, it was inside the block he was working on. Just removed the excess material ... I tried to create even more details, now it's done..Thumbsup

lev s detaily.JPG

lev s jazykem.. (1).jpg

lev s jazykem.. (2).jpg

Basic white spray..

lev-stříkání bílou (2).JPG

hotový základ.. (1).JPG

hotový základ.. (2).JPG

And now red..Bottle

Back