Roter Löwe 1597 by Ondras71 - scala 1/60

Great work on the breeching - even the knot the rope is connected to the eyebolt is correct made. Gérard Delacroix mentioned this detail once at Karls building log
GD2.JPG

These gratings are flush with the deck, so the guns were able to roll over the grating without a problem
Hello Uwek, I'm a bit perplexed by a lack of flashes under the grates, sorry if I can't understand certain words due to translate

Hello Uwek, I'm a bit perplexed by a lack of flashes under the grates, sorry if I can't understand certain words due to translate
The top of the grating is on the same height like the top of the planks
I think I recognized this
grating.jpg
red - grating
green - planking
blue - wheel of the gun

Hello Frank. I was discussing with Ab Hoving the laying of the gratings on the deck of the warship. See entry 71..:)

And thank you very much to everyone for the positive responses..;) O.

In that case your gratings should not protrude above the deck. That is to accommodate the guns. In merchants the gratings were laid into the coamings of the hatch.
Sorry Ab Hoving, my perplexity is to understand how a grid can hold the weight of a cannon, I have nothing to say to the modeler that is clear, Thanks

The problem is that the design of this model is based on very little historical evidence, as I warned earlier. Read my lips: not the modelmaker is making mistakes here, but the designer did. Either the deck is too narrow or the gratings are too wide, or the size of the gun is exaggerated and maybe all three of them. Of course a grating cannot hold a cannon, but imagine what happens if the wheels of a guncarriage, thrown back by the recoil of the shot hits a coaming. My answer was right ( confirmed by many authentic models) but reality does not match with this design. The gun’s breeching only allowed the carriage to roll back up to the grating, not over it.

The problem is that the design of this model is based on very little historical evidence, as I warned earlier. Read my lips: not the modelmaker is making mistakes here, but the designer did. Either the deck is too narrow or the gratings are too wide, or the size of the gun is exaggerated and maybe all three of them. Of course a grating cannot hold a cannon, but imagine what happens if the wheels of a guncarriage, thrown back by the recoil of the shot hits a coaming. My answer was right ( confirmed by many authentic models) but reality does not match with this design. The gun’s breeching only allowed the carriage to roll back up to the grating, not over
Thanks for your answer, worthy diagnosis, I agree with everything

Maybe should repeat my warning not to build models from the book 'Risse von Schiffe des 16. und 17. Jahrhunderts'. Every plan in that book is wrong and absolutely worthless. I am seldom so ruthless in my judgement and believe me, in my beginning years I built every model from that book myself, but after a long study and years of experience I came to this conclusion: burn that book, the plans have nothing to do with any (Dutch) ship! You can waste your time much better with good plans :).

Maybe should repeat my warning not to build models from the book 'Risse von Schiffe des 16. und 17. Jahrhunderts'. Every plan in that book is wrong and absolutely worthless. I am seldom so ruthless in my judgement and believe me, in my beginning years I built every model from that book myself, but after a long study and years of experience I came to this conclusion: burn that book, the plans have nothing to do with any (Dutch) ship! You can waste your time much better with good plans :).
Daar is geen woord Frans bij!
(That's some clear language.)
Thanks for your warning.

Thank you all for the interesting, ever-recurring debate about the quality of the plans and the effort to build a good model based on them. Lessons for other builders. Exclamation-MarkThumbs-UpSleep

The model is placed on a baroque stand...

nový stojan (1).JPG

nový stojan (2).JPG

nový stojan (3).JPG

Cannon goals set up. Created an imitation of cable entanglement..

zaplétané spoje lan střílen (1).JPG

zaplétané spoje lan střílen (2).JPG

The first cannon goals in place..

střílny zrcadla (2).jpg

střílny zrcadla (3).JPG

střílny zrcadla (1).JPG

And arranged more..

ustrojené branky střílen.JPG

Back