sgtmik's HMS Blandford cross section build

Ahoy Shipmates,
This will be the last installment on my Cross Section build for a while. I have decided to build my U.S.S, Constitution model as a tribute to Geoff Wilson (Aussie048). I got to know Geoff because we were both building A Connie. I have been sitting on this model since I joined SOS, mainly because I didn't want to cock it up as a new builder. This seems an appropriate time to start the build.
All that being said I finished planking the deck of my Blandford model and tried to build my own gratings fro scratch. The gratings did not work out like I thought so I gave in and bought some commercial grating. I also finished installing the posts for the lower deck and put a coat of varnish on everything that was ready.
IMG_2087.JPGIMG_2088.JPGIMG_2135.JPGIMG_2136.JPGIMG_2137.JPGIMG_2138.JPGIMG_2139.JPG

I will continue when I'm done with the Constitution.

Hi Mike,
I agree with Dave you are doing an exceptional job on your model and look forward to the continuation when you finish your Constitution, you are at a good point to pause the build making it easy to pick up where you left off after the Constitution is finished.
Mike

That is a really nice job, looking forward to your build of the Constitution.
Gr. Jos.

Hi Mike,
I have to leave for the airport in a few minutes. I will send you a procedure later today. Don’t glue anything together until you see the plan.
Mike

This should be very interesting! Separate log, though, right? PM me when you two Mikes start so I don’t miss anything!
Hi Dave,
We will keep you informed when the project is started.
Mike

Lookin great Mike!

Now that you are going to take a pause on this, it will give me a chance to catch up!

Post the USS Connie build, too.

Andy

G'day Mike, that is a fabulous build, I'm amazed, all those beams and frames, you have done an excellent job, she is really looking the part, how many other scratch builds have you done, I will follow along on this one, but due to circumstances my reply's may be a little bit erratic, enjoy,

best regards John.

Wow for a first scratch build your going great, I thought you might have had another couple under your belt, enjoy,

best regards John.

TNX for a great buildlog, i hawe seen all of it. When are you planing to continu?

KNUT

Back