Soleil Royal- Re-engineering Artesania Latina's New Kit by NMBROOK

Ahoy!

@Hubac's Historian -there is no resin for my printers in color VER-DE_GRIS.
We can print in colors grey or green. Then you have to paint yourself in color ver-de-gris.

green-gray.jpg

We can print decorative barrels in larger sizes. Scale 1:24, 1:36, 1:48.
As if there was an interest in decorative barrels, we can think about a collection of decorative barrels (barrel+gun carriage) for example in scale 1:24 and/or 1:36. SOLEIL ROYAL, LE FLEURON, SAINT PHILIPPE, VASA…. and other.
green-gray2.jpg

NIGEL - sorry for confusing about cannons in your thread.

Ahoy!

@Hubac's Historian -there is no resin for my printers in color VER-DE_GRIS.
We can print in colors grey or green. Then you have to paint yourself in color ver-de-gris.

View attachment 309052

We can print decorative barrels in larger sizes. Scale 1:24, 1:36, 1:48.
As if there was an interest in decorative barrels, we can think about a collection of decorative barrels (barrel+gun carriage) for example in scale 1:24 and/or 1:36. SOLEIL ROYAL, LE FLEURON, SAINT PHILIPPE, VASA…. and other.
View attachment 309053

NIGEL - sorry for confusing about cannons in your thread.

No. need to apologise Kris,stunning work:cool: I would say though, grey is fine for my order.I plan on priming then painting in AK old bronze followed by Citadel Verdegris wash;)
Now thinking, how much work printed carriages would save me,mmmmmmmmROTFROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

Ahoy!

@Nigel - especially for You price of the printed carriage is the same as for the barrel.
Price for 1 wooden carriage = 2 printed barrels. ROTF

Nigel - You wrote Kris do you have any images of a printed carriage? NO. Until now, everyone wanted wooden carriages.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, apart from the bulkheads and the decorations, and the gun barrels, you are essentially building this model from scratch. Really nice wooden carriages are nice, but are they always worth the effort?

That worked! They’re nice. Small critique is that they don’t show any of the timbering lines that would be present on the carriage sides. One can engrave this, for the visible guns, but it’d be nice not to have to.

Hi Kris

Can you produce the carriages in one single part that include wheels,Quions and all detail with separate Trunnion caps.My idea being, paint,fit cannon and caps then ready to go?
If I am going to make it simple,I may as well make it VERY simple

Kind Regards

Nigel

Ahoy!

@Nigel - it will be much easier to print a carriages without wheels. The quality will be better (less supports to be removed)

And one more thing. Because of the devil, we print all the decorative cannons in two parts.

roy-2.jpg

Hi Kris

I remember you moulded the "breach " end as a separate piece with the resin casting but wasn't sure regarding 3D print.Now I know and it isn't an issue.What would a printed carriage comprise of?

I ask these questions on my log rather than via PM so readers know what choices would be available to them if they were interested in purchasing.

Thanks

Nigel

Slowly but steadily progressing with the first layer of planking lower gundeck upwards.I normally can get away without any filler but had to use a thin layer in a few spots due to the massive inconsistencies in the plank material thickness.

The port side is complete.The top and area around the beak are all well beyond the finished line and will be trimmed to suit the rail sheer after the second layer of planking is in place.The 2 x 5mm lime I have coming from CMB should make the next layer somewhat easier.

Kind Regards

Nigel

IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0347.jpgIMG_0348.jpgIMG_0349.jpg

lines look fabulous, Nigel!
Thanks Marc

Overall I am quite pleased so far given the "cut and shut" job on the kits structure.I have had to do a bit of sanding and packing of the the stock bulkheads to get pleasing lines.Real test will be when I take the model out of the jig and flip it upside down to plank the underneath.As to how much tweaking will be needed remains to be seen:rolleyes:

Back