Soleil Royal- Re-engineering Artesania Latina's New Kit by NMBROOK

Due to all the painting being carried out in the workshop on my Happy Hunter build dust production has had to be put on hold.

I have completed the second Layer of planking below the lower wale.There may be some further trimming of the top edge later on once everything (gunports and Wales) has been marked out.My mass painting session has nearly come to an end for now so I should be able to resume the planking on the other side soon.

Kind Regards

Nigel

View attachment 318948View attachment 318949View attachment 318950
Glatt wie ein Kinderpopo - Smooth as a child's butt

Interestingly, the detail is about on-par with what Heller managed to mould into their barrels, AND, one does not lose detail from the necessity of leveling the barrel joint, after glueing. The added bonus is that one can just install these guns with the immediate benefit of them actually being in-scale. I had to do all sorts of barrel-broadening exercises to make my kit guns look almost scale.

Ahoy!

Nigel - I would like to inform You, that carriages for yours model Soleil Royal on a scale 1/65 are ready. As you wish one carriage - one element ;)

View attachment 320852View attachment 320853View attachment 320854

Below our barrels for other French ships ;)

View attachment 320856

Wow Kris :p

Cannons and Carriages are absolutely awesome. Only issue.I have to build the rest of the model to the same standardROTF

As always, please PM me with total cost and payment details so these can be shipped across to Blighty.

Once again, thank you for your help

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi All

I am currently progressing on and off with completion of the hull planking but haven't posted pics as this is well, pretty boring plus my main focus has been paintwork on my Happy Hunter tug.

The project has not stalled in the meantime as I am pleased to say Kris has now printed all my Artillery and carriages.I will post more details when I receive these:p

Kind Regards

Nigel

QQQQQQQQ.jpg

It will be exciting to see you establish deck sheer!

So am I Marc,there is an element so far as to dots have been placed,once the planking is done and the internals removed,I finally get to join these dots together and only then will I get a full indication as to how she will look when complete.

There will be a lot of marking out and trial assembly of the stern to ascertain the exact position of everything

I have decided to go with square gunports to keep true to Berain's artwork.I can also mass produce boxwood gunport frame components on the mill following this route

I have progressed the next layer of planking as far as to the point of running out of 5 x 2mm lime strips.I have used 100 lengths so far and have just ordered another 20 from CMB to complete the job.

As I was in the mood for it, I gutted the insides leaving just a couple of cross braces and two bulkheads at the stern to keep things in check whilst the remaining strips are fitted.Quite a lot of fettling required but I am pleased that slotting the bow formers at deck level allowed this area to be removed without hiccup.

Kind Regards

Nigel

IMG_0447.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0452.jpgIMG_0449.jpgIMG_0451.jpg

Back